Re: HBO GO sign in not working with FIOS
DanielV1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same problem with one of my iPads.  I solved it by going into Setting, clicking on the HBO GO app, and switching off the TV Provider button.  I then went back to HBO GO and attempted to sign on; this time the Verizon Fios appeared on the list of providers and allowed me to sign in using my Verizon Fios information.

kevmcarrol

Thanks! I was having the same problem and your instructions solved it. Saved me a painful phone call to customer service.

0 Likes
jvick717
Enthusiast - Level 1

Android user here on the Pixel 2 XL.  I had this issue for many months where hitting the Verizon FIOS proivder button did nothing and every other service provide had 0 problems. I finally found the solution today. I went into my apps and cleared both the Cache and User Data within the app and voila. Next time I went into the app the Verizon FIOS login screen popped up instantly.

Shwaun1

What is the fix for this? This should not be an issue. Either HBO or Verizon needs to resolve this simple issue that has gone on far too long. I can sign into FiOS with HBO Go on my computer browser and my Xbox HBO Go app, and I can log into FiOS app and online. Why can't I log into FiOS as a subscriber through HBO Go android app?? I've cleared data, cleared cache, uninstalled/reinstalled, reset phone... The only thing I haven't tried is switching TV carriers. It seems that because it is an android problem  Verizon doesn't care. Fix please  

0 Likes
Mtracks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note 8 running android 8.0... had same problem, but clearing cache and data within the app did the trick for me.  Was very frustrating for a long time!

0 Likes
trojanma

Hey guys I had the same problem.

Nothing worked. Reinstalling, etc, erasing browser cache in chrome.

What got it to work for me was to sign into hbogo in my phone browser(I use chrome). Then the phone asked me how I wanted to open it and I chose the hbogo app and it bypassed the previous error and work3d.

0 Likes
lolokay

Thank you Jvick717!!!

Android user here on the Pixel 2 XL.  I had this issue for many months where hitting the Verizon FIOS proivder button did nothing and every other service provide had 0 problems. I finally found the solution today. I went into my apps and cleared both the Cache and User Data within the app and voila. Next time I went into the app the Verizon FIOS login screen popped up instantly.

0 Likes
scubasteve321

@jvick717 wrote:

This worked for me as well. Thanks!! Bumping to make this easier for others to find. 

0 Likes
jcole9981
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet S2.

Many thanks!

0 Likes
Yamborac

Hi. Could you please clarify what you mean by "went into my apps and cleared both the Cache and User Data within the app and voila". Did you go to the android settings, choose "apps", then select "HBO Go"?  When I do this I don't see any way to clear cache etc. Thanks.

0 Likes