HBO Go (and other FTVOnline services) not working
colchiques

We have been subscribers for HBO for ages, and I have used HBO Go for the past couple of months. For the past 24 hours I have been logging in to find that HBO Go is convinced we are no longer subscribers. However, we STILL HAVE the subscription, and the account reflects it.

Going through FiOS TV Central instead of hbogo.com shows a "subscribe now" button next to the service, so that didn't help (this was the only thing that a live chat representative could think of beyond technical difficulties). When I go to "subscribe now", I am led to a page where I can modify the features added to my contract and naturally, the system is a little confused, since we already have the service. However, I have just discovered that none of my other FTV Online services (TNT, TBS, CNN online) work, and they are telling me I need a subscription to Adobe (even if that's true, why is there a "watch now" button next to them?).

I find this all to be a little mindboggling, since I've used at least HBO Go just fine in the past; I've cleared cookies, retried, still no good. Has anybody else been experiencing the same issues and is there anything else I can try?

0 Likes
Re: HBO Go (and other FTVOnline services) not working
filch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the same problem for days now. I hope Verizon gets this worked out soon.

0 Likes
colchiques

Hi filch,

As an update - I was finally able to resolve my issue after several hours of fighting to find the right person to contact. I spent some time looking through contact info only to find most numbers not applicable or not available because it was a holiday weekend and a Sunday. While trying to double and triple check that our subscription records were fine, I stumbled onto a live chat account services representative who apologized for the difficulties and asked me to try again in a few hours. The right person to talk to turned out to be a live chat tech support representative; it took less than 5 minutes to connect to a real person, and then something like 30-45 to sort everything out. Turns out there was a glitch involving a merge of my verizon.com and verizon.net ID's. One or both of them couldn't be recognized by the system as a subscriber, which ended up causing all the trouble. Pretty much everything is fixed now, and I can access HBO Go just fine.

It was much less frustrating to talk over live chat than being on hold on the phone, and I would really recommend taking that route.

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

I strongly disagree about live chat.  They wasted over 50 minutes of my time last week and still didn't resolve the issue.  I actually called the FSC and they took care of me in less than 5 minutes.  Now it did take me about 10 minutes to get through to someone, but at least I didn't have to repeat myself like I had to with the chat agent who either couldn't veer off script or just didn't have a clue.

I'm having the same HBO GO issue now myself.  I was able to login and view content two weeks ago, now it's telling me I need to subscribe.  WT*?  I am already subscribed.  And of course, the orders department is not working on Labor day...

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@pl626 wrote:

I strongly disagree about live chat.  They wasted over 50 minutes of my time last week and still didn't resolve the issue.  I actually called the FSC and they took care of me in less than 5 minutes.  Now it did take me about 10 minutes to get through to someone, but at least I didn't have to repeat myself like I had to with the chat agent who either couldn't veer off script or just didn't have a clue.

I'm having the same HBO GO issue now myself.  I was able to login and view content two weeks ago, now it's telling me I need to subscribe.  WT*?  I am already subscribed.  And of course, the orders department is not working on Labor day...

Yes BUT the Verizon.net and Verizon.com user account merge has caused nothing but problems, I was not happy about it. Who in their right mind would want a users email and password the same as their customer account management system. I sure do not like the idea of my email user name and password being the same one I manage my account and pay my bills with! I think someone should burn over this one. I have not had my Wireless forums account fixed for a month. The only reason this one is working, is because I have been around for a while and there are competent people here that could fix it. There I go again, bad CL bad CL! Or well not the first time I bitched in public.

pl626
Contributor - Level 1

You're being too polite.  So this is the msg I'm getting from Live Chat now

"We apologize for the inconvenience, however Verizon Live Chat is currently unavailable. We are either experiencing high customer volume or the center is closed for the day. Our Live Chat hours of operation are 7 Days a week: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM ET."

And the phone agent couldn't do anything, but worse, she couldn't even open a ticket for me so I wouldn't have to call back.  I have to call back to get this fixed.  Why does V* think this is acceptable customer service???

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@pl626 wrote:

You're being too polite.  So this is the msg I'm getting from Live Chat now

"We apologize for the inconvenience, however Verizon Live Chat is currently unavailable. We are either experiencing high customer volume or the center is closed for the day. Our Live Chat hours of operation are 7 Days a week: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM ET."

And the phone agent couldn't do anything, but worse, she couldn't even open a ticket for me so I wouldn't have to call back.  I have to call back to get this fixed.  Why does V* think this is acceptable customer service???

Well it being Labor day I am sure they are being overwhelmed with contacts. I tried earlier for something else, and figured I would have better luck during a normal business day. Like I have said before, "I could not imagine Verizon without this community". I remember hearing in a movie something like keeping the back channels open in order to divert disaster. I may be way off on the user account issue, and I am sure even if I am not, I am still way off. If you know what I mean.

Ok there is one thing I can say in Verizons Defense, they have added those online features I believe without an increase in the premium package price. So expect bumps in the road, it being something new. They are adding more online available channels and they are a bonus because they have not yet raised the price to access them..

0 Likes
filch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still unable to access HBOGO via hobgo.com , or even the FIOS TV Connect page. FIOS TV Connect tells me to subscribe to HBO. I click on the link which takes me to my account where HBO is showing as SUBSCRIBED.

This is very frustrating. I opened a support request via email as live chat appears to be unavailable to me at this hour. We'll see how long this takes. If anyone else has a solution or gets this resolved, please post and let us know.

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

filch, do you have two different V* logins?  When I login with my V* email id, without the domain, I can access HBO GO and the other online content.  However, if I use my newer id, I'll get the msg about subscribing.  I know there's a flag on my newer ID that needs to be set, but I'm almost afraid to contact V* to fix this, but I'm sure at some point, I'm going to have to get this cleaned up.  In the meantime, I'll just manage the two different accounts.  I don't use V* for e-mail, which is why I forgot about the first ID, but HBO GO does work!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@pl626 wrote:

filch, do you have two different V* logins?  When I login with my V* email id, without the domain, I can access HBO GO and the other online content.  However, if I use my newer id, I'll get the msg about subscribing.  I know there's a flag on my newer ID that needs to be set, but I'm almost afraid to contact V* to fix this, but I'm sure at some point, I'm going to have to get this cleaned up.  In the meantime, I'll just manage the two different accounts.  I don't use V* for e-mail, which is why I forgot about the first ID, but HBO GO does work!

I am happy we figured this one out. I guess the iron is still in the fire.

0 Likes