Re: HBO Go (and other FTVOnline services) not working
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I'm sure somewhere down the road, I'm going to have to deal with syncing the two accounts, but until then, I have better things to do with my time than wait for V* support to respond.

0 Likes
filch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only have one Verizon login. I've never used verizon email or used verizon email to log into anything. Like I said in my last post, I login in directly to Verizon FIOS Connect with my user ID , the very same one I'm using to post. FIOS Connect somehow thinks I'm not subscribed to HBO GO, but if I login to my account with the very same login I use for FIOS Connect, I can clearly see that HBO is subscribed to.

It makes no sense.

Here is my canned response from my Verizon email support request. Utterly useless :

Thank you for contacting the Verizon eCenter.  I have received your
email dated 9/6/10 regarding HBO go.   My name is Maureen, and I will be
happy to assist you.

I understand the importance of your request.

I regret that you will need to contact technical support for the issue,
please see below.

Our Verizon FiOS Technical Support Team is best equipped to help resolve
your issue.  For your convenience, they are available to assist you by
phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Please call (888) 553-1555 for
FiOS related repair and technical support.

You also have the option of using "Ask Verizon" our automated customer
support agent.

Please follow these steps to access this tool:

1.  Go to: 
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/
2.  Click the 'Ask Verizon' link on the lower left-hand side of the
page.
3.  Choose 'FiOS Internet' or 'FiOS TV' for your product area.
4.  Type your question in the form field or select a question from the
options (FAQs) below.

For offline self-help, FiOS Internet customers can also take advantage
of our In-Home Agent.

In-Home agent is an application that provides you with solutions for
common FiOS and High Speed Internet questions right on your computer.

To download and find out more, please visit:

The department to which we have referred you will be able to assist you.
If you have any additional questions, please let us know. We look
forward to serving you.

Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
Maureen
Verizon eCenter

0 Likes
filch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called tech support this evening right after my last post.

Okay, it's definitely .net / .com user merger issue. I've never used Verizon email or any of it's web based stuff.  I use "rkruege2" to access all my account info online here. I use to log into the forums as well. In fact, when I login, the form asks :

Use a My Verizon user ID and password

Which I do, with rkruege2, like all my accounts here. But apparently, my web service ID, email, etc. is not rkruege2, which is news to me.  It's rkruege1. I can log into HBOgo with that ID now.  But what's funny is I can't log into the web forums or my account info with that ID.

So PL626 is right.

Verizon really needs to get a handle on this and inform their customers. The problem you're likely having is that your Account/My Verizon ID is different from your webservice/email ID, and that's what you need to use to log into your HBOgo. I had no idea I two separate ID's b/c I never used the other one.

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

Can't take any credit here, prisaz is the one who pointed out to me V* botched the v*.net and .com account merger.  Like you, I never use my verizon provided e-mail, and a few months back, I had to create a new account for the .com.  I too am no longer able to login to the forums with my first id.  I have to use the new .com id for that now.  I know there's a fix for it, but I don't want to have to waste hours with V* to get a simple flag flipped on my account. 

I don't understand how they can be so big and yet so undisplined with their systems upgrade path to production.  This should not be acceptable practice for them.

filch, btw, you may have used the .net id long ago if you've configured your e-mail client with their smtp server.  That's about the only time I've ever used mine, outside of when I was initially provisioned, when I logged into V* Central to check things out.  Up until recently, I haven't really had much use for it.  I would occasionally purge the spam in that e-mail, but I would never want to use it for e-mail.

0 Likes