Re: HBO and HBO GO - same problem!
tlawyer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are located in Fairfax VA - login problem with HBO GO started a couple of weeks ago.

No luck so far...

Re: HBO and HBO GO
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Justoneloook,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases". There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
jshibby

I am having the same issue. It was working right yesterday but today isnt working at all.

0 Likes
mjp3md1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck, everyone. I am still waiting to get mine fixed. I contacted a half dozen customer service people through twitter, this forum, and their online chat, over the course of several days. Each gave me a different answer but none fixed it. Finally today at 3:30 pm someone opened a trouble ticket for me. The lastest theory is that in the migration from verizon.net to verizon.com (or vice versa?) I need a new user name set up---blah blah blah technical information no one understands. 

It seems completely impossible to 99% of Verizon employees that we have FiOS TV & phone but not internet. They do not support the internet set up we need, however, so it's not an option for us. One of the agents kept telling me I had to accept terms & conditions for the internet service which we do not have. 

Whatever this bug is they need to fix it. I've met a lot of people on this forum, twitter, etc. having the exact same problem. There are probably thousands more than are but don't know it yet - they just aren't as addicted to HBO Go and Showtime Anytime as I am!

0 Likes
cherpie23
Enthusiast - Level 2

We can't get ours to work either.  It says "You must subscribe to HBO Premium Channels in order to recieve this service."  Have tried emailing and calling, and chatting with online reps.  Everyone keeps saying give it "24 hours."  This is rediculous, I am paying for this service.  

mjp3md1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The latest I was told was that I have a http://verizon.com  account and I need a http://verizon.net account to be able to sign in properly. I was told this on 5/25 after 2 days of different answers that all turned out to be wrong so I do not know this is actually the problem but I hope it is.

Their online records show a trouble ticket wasn't opened until almost 3 days after this tweet was received - 3:30 pm on 5/28.

I was promised this would be fixed by the end of the day on 5/28. It still is not working.

0 Likes
I just purchased HBO, why can't I access HBOGO?
neocortex2

I purchased  HBO yesterday 5/28/2013, and am unable to access HBO GO. Every time I try to sign up, it tells me that "To watch HBOGO, you must have HBO premium service on your FiOS TV account." What is the problem here?

0 Likes
RubyRing805
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem with HBO_Go and Max_Go.  I few months ago it quit letting me login.  I had the same message when I used my Verizon.com user ID and PW; "You need to be a HBO Subscriber...etc".

I called several times and the Tech support at Verizon could not solve my problem.

Finally today after speaking to a very competent Tech Rep for over an hour, my problem was solved.

I was a verizon wireless customer and my user ID and PW on that account transitioned to verizon.com before I had subscribed to verizon fios.  Apparently, the "verizon.net" which is the online services part which provides access to HBO_GO was not part of the verizon.com account with my original user ID.

The Tech Rep gave me a "shadow" user ID that Verizon creates on all accounts and has all your services tied to it.  The user ID starts with "res18...."  The Tech Rep helped me login at Verizon.com with this shadow User ID and a temporary password.  I changed the PW.  I then went to HBO.go and logged in with the shadow ID and new password and it worked.  The Tech Rep suggested I go back to Verizon.com and login with the shadow user ID and give the user ID an alias under "manage accounts" that would easier to remember.

I know have two user IDs that I can access Verizon.com with, my original ID and PW and this new "shadow" ID.  They both access my records such as paying bill etc but only the shadow one will access HBO_Go.

Hope this helps

tsilvestri
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same exact issue -- cannot log into HBO GO even though we've been paying for it for 3 years.  Customer support told me to log in via verizon.net which we have done but we still cannot log into HBO GO.  To make matters even more frustrating, they are telling us to contact HBO GO support.  When we asked what the HBO support number was, they could not provide it.  HBO GO support does not post a number on their website and a quick search of the internet provided no customer support numbers for HBO so basically Verizon is saying it is not their problem yet they refuse to interface with HBO even though HBO apparently does not interface directly with cable subscribers. This is absolutely unacceptable.  Can someone from verizon support help please?

mjp3md1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try Showtime Anytime and one of the others like Max Go. If none of them work than it's obviously a Verizon issue. If it's only HBO Go than it might be HBO. I contacted HBO Go via their website and they have been very repsonsive but mine is obviously a Verizon issue that still hasn't been fixed.

0 Likes