HBO channels not accessible
scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

As of tonight, I am unable to get any of the HBO channels except for 400. The message says the channel is unavailable. Of course, I noticed this late enough that customer service is closed, chat is closed, and the in home agent is useless - keeps telling me to troubleshoot, and nothing is helping.

Can anyone else get to other HBO channels besides 400?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HBO channels not accessible
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you see channel unavailable that means it’s a signal issue not a subscription error. Since this is happening on all the STBs it will probably be the ONT or maybe even a low signal coming in on the fiber. The coax wiring and splitter could possibly be an issue as well. You definitely need a tech out there to troubleshoot. They can check the signals with a meter and swap out any equipment. 

View solution in original post

scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, an update in case anyone is interested. I spent all morning, and part of the afternoon, with Verizon customer service. I did phone and chat, as well as do it yourself stuff. At one point I was told that there had been a free HBO service given to people since they were stuck at home, and that ended May 31. However, after a lot of back and forth, I finally convinced the dude that this did not apply to me - I have had HBO for years, and pay for it each month!

That said, it is suspicious that my service for all HBO channels but 400 was suddenly not available on June 1...

After repeated reboots of STBs and the main box, and making me run all over the house to disconnect and reconnect coax cables, ultimately a technician is coming out tomorrow. I still do not understand how that is going to help. It still sounds like an account problem with my account. But, I will play along, since you cannot escalate service, or so it seems.

So, I am ready to waste another morning trying to get a service I pay for each month.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@scififan1 wrote:

So, an update in case anyone is interested. I spent all morning, and part of the afternoon, with Verizon customer service. I did phone and chat, as well as do it yourself stuff. At one point I was told that there had been a free HBO service given to people since they were stuck at home, and that ended May 31. However, after a lot of back and forth, I finally convinced the dude that this did not apply to me - I have had HBO for years, and pay for it each month!

That said, it is suspicious that my service for all HBO channels but 400 was suddenly not available on June 1...

After repeated reboots of STBs and the main box, and making me run all over the house to disconnect and reconnect coax cables, ultimately a technician is coming out tomorrow. I still do not understand how that is going to help. It still sounds like an account problem with my account. But, I will play along, since you cannot escalate service, or so it seems.

So, I am ready to waste another morning trying to get a service I pay for each month.

Try dropping these folks a line, they usually help very quickly if they can.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks - I posted my question there. Hopefully I can get an answer!

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you see channel unavailable that means it’s a signal issue not a subscription error. Since this is happening on all the STBs it will probably be the ONT or maybe even a low signal coming in on the fiber. The coax wiring and splitter could possibly be an issue as well. You definitely need a tech out there to troubleshoot. They can check the signals with a meter and swap out any equipment. 

scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi! So, yes, a technician came out last week, and he did a swap out of the lower part of the ONT. He also checked the splitter - not sure if he swapped that out. And, he ran a new internet cable, since the internet went out after fixing the TV problems. So we now have two cables going into the back of our router.