HBO free view this weekend, unable to watch their On Demand shows
dfatcat

I tried to reset my box, but am still having the same problem.  I chose the show I want to watch and then a box comes up saying that I am not subscribed, would I like to subscribe?  I thought On Demand for HBO was free also during the free view weekend?

0 Likes
Re: HBO free view this weekend, unable to watch their On Demand shows
Justin46
Legend

@dfatcat wrote:

I tried to reset my box, but am still having the same problem.  I chose the show I want to watch and then a box comes up saying that I am not subscribed, would I like to subscribe?  I thought On Demand for HBO was free also during the free view weekend?

I don't know where you are located, but I am able to view HBO On Demand today in the DFW area, and I am not an HBO subscriber. I started two different movies and an episode of Game of Thrones to be sure I did have access. So the free preview applies to On Demand here at least.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that free preview is long since gone, he is ineligible for it by now.  

Reminder: Free Preview of HBO & Cinemax This Weekend for Many

Free Preview for: CinemaxHBO
Available to Subscribers of: DirecTVDish NetworkVerizon FIOS

Free Preview Begins: September 14, 2012 (Friday)
Free Preview Ends: September 17, 2012 (Monday)

See details on this Free Preview...

This Free Preview Alert was posted on 2012.09.14  

0 Likes
Re: HBO free view this weekend, unable to watch their on demand programming
Arl3

We have had FIOS for three years, and whenever there has been a free weekend of a premium channel, the on demand works for those free weekend channels. This time though, HBO on demand is not working, and I just spent over an hour on the phone with someone that a) didn't know that it was a free weekend, b) could not explain to me why this time, we don't have access to on demand, and c) failed to help us resolve the issue. 

We have been discussing cutting the cord. Given the expense, the constant overbilling, and the continuing feeling that we are being ripped off, this may be the time.

0 Likes
Re: HBO free view this weekend, unable to watch their on demand programming
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes