HBO on tivo
shymedq871
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon I been talking with Tech Support daily about this issue even had trouble tickets opened and talked with higher up departments then tech support like network technictions.

The issue is that on the tivo premimer 4 with a cable card activated I do not get my HBO or Cinemax but on my DVR I do why is this nobody knows what is wrong any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: HBO on tivo
prisaz
Legend

@shymedq87 wrote:

Verizon I been talking with Tech Support daily about this issue even had trouble tickets opened and talked with higher up departments then tech support like network technictions.

The issue is that on the tivo premimer 4 with a cable card activated I do not get my HBO or Cinemax but on my DVR I do why is this nobody knows what is wrong any ideas?

Is this a new cable card, or an older one? It may need a firmware flash or upgrade. Have them send you a new replacement card, if they cannot fix the issue online. A while back they changed the copywrite protection software flag for some premium channels. (HBO) It could be the card did not get the update or it has issues. Have them push the latest firmware out to the card, or replace the card.

ALSO try reading this.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Tivo-Premiere-vs-Verizon-Fios-CableCard-Pa...

I had talked with a number of support people about activating both of my Ceton Tuner cable cards, and the second card would not activate. I insisted on not having the issue escalated again and I wanted it fixed now. They told me a tech visit would cost if they found a problem with my hardware. The tech came out and we had the issue solved in less than 15 minutes, where I had spent hours on the phone. No charge for the visit. But I had tried two separate cards. So they will probably want you to try a replacement before they send a tech. If a tech comes and finds it is not a Verizon hardware issue, there will be a charge.

I have a card that was removed from a TiVo HD un paired from that box, and it is now working fine in a Media Center PC and Ceton tuner card. I have all the Premiums on two tuner cards for a total of eight tuners and two cable cards in the same Media Center PC. Yes the cards can be very temperamental, and sometimes you need someone that knows them very well.

0 Likes