HD Channels With SD Boxes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

i just ordered a fios bunddle..i have 2 SD tvs so i got 2 SD boxes i will be going to hd eventually just not now..my question is will i be able to view the hd channels on my sd boxes like theres certain channels that are only in hd so will i be able to view those with my sd box

0 Likes
Re: HD Channels With SD Boxes
Justin46
Legend

@iamloco724 wrote:

i just ordered a fios bunddle..i have 2 SD tvs so i got 2 SD boxes i will be going to hd eventually just not now..my question is will i be able to view the hd channels on my sd boxes like theres certain channels that are only in hd so will i be able to view those with my sd box

No. But you can get HD boxes and attach your SD TVs to them and then you will be able to see all the channels you are subscribed to, SD and HD. And if you happen to be in NY I understand the price for the boxes is the same, SD or HD.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

what kind of connection options is there for hd box to sd tv

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@iamloco724 wrote:

what kind of connection options is there for hd box to sd tv

Coax (my old HD DVR does not have this output but I understand newer HD boxes do, you should verify with Verizon if this is important to you), S-Video, and composite. Works well, the HD versions of the channels were clearer on my SD TV than the actual SD channels, that is what convinced me to get an HD TV 5+ years ago. Plus I was able to see the HD only channels like HD Net.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

thanks for the info yea hd net was one i had in mine

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

one more question..since this one was answered im pretty sure i wanna contact them to change it to hd boxes..when they come to set everything up will they have all kind of cabels for the boxes for various tv setups

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

My HD box came with a piece of coax and an HDMI cable.   If you want to use composite, component, or s-video -- you should probably plan on providing one -- usually this isn't an issue as I always have loads of them in a box in the basement from all the various VCR's, DVD players, video games, etc. that I bought thru the years.

No special configuration of the box is required to use these output -- just plug in and hook the appropriate outputs up to the appropriate inputs on the TV.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I am in NY and yes there is no price different between the SD and HD box.

I recently upgraded my 2 SD boxes to HD boxes.  There were two options to get these boxes.  Delivery or Pick up from a local Verizon Store.  Installation by a tech was NOT an option  The new boxes have HDMI, Component and Coax options.  There were no other cables in the box besides the power cord.  I used my existing coax connection.

0 Likes