HD DVR box stuck in FR HUNT
duceman

I have been on hold for 30 minutes. Ridiculous. My HD DVR box is stuck on hunt. Someone please help. Obviously, I have tried setting it about 30 times.

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR box stuck in FR HUNT
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

"Stuck on hunt"? Can you elaborate please.

0 Likes
duceman

it just blinks FR1 Hunt non stop. I talked to the rep and she has no idea whats wrong with it. Said it was shut off on her end , but not on mine. If this doesn't come on by the start of the Patriots game I'm going to jump out the window.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@duceman wrote:

it just blinks FR1 Hunt non stop. I talked to the rep and she has no idea whats wrong with it. Said it was shut off on her end , but not on mine. If this doesn't come on by the start of the Patriots game I'm going to jump out the window.

Do you have any other Verizon set-top-boxes in your home? Are you able to watch TV on those?

It sounds like the firmware on that HD DVR box may be corrupted somehow, and the box is trying to download a fresh copy of the firmware from the network.

You should go to the Equipment Reset and Health Check page to do a diagnostic of your set-top-box--this is the same diagnostic a customer service agent would perform. The results of the diagnostic will indicate if the set-top-box needs to be replaced.

If the box needs to be replaced, not to worry; you will still be able to watch the Patriots game tonight. You can disconnect the coaxial cable from the set-top-box, connect it directly to the TV and use the TV's built-in cable tuner to watch the game, in full HD.

0 Likes
duceman

yeah, I can watch TV on my other boxes. Ofcourse I can't unscrew the cable because it's practically welded in there. Anyway, I appreciate the help bud.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

HUNT means there is no signal leading up to the box. Was the box working here prior to getting the HUNT message? Normal troubleshooting to fix this would be to reseat the coax connection from the wall to the DVR. Has there been any work done elsewhere in the home or rearranging of wires/splitters elsewhere?

0 Likes