HD DVR channel change problems
pnelson703
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had a problem with receiving the TV signal. Turned out it was something that happened in the utility room in my apartment complex. But while the tech was here, he decided to "upgrade" my HD DVR STB even though there was no problem with the old one.

With the new box, sometimes the lower third display will say that I have changed channels but the video is still the old channel. This is not lag, and the problem does not correct over time. You have to keep changing channels until the video at some point will switch to a new channel. It's very irritating to have to go back and forth until it decides to actually change channels instead of just thinking it has changed channels.

Also, this new box does actually have a serious lag problem when changing channels, the old box did not.

The new box is a Motorola QIP7200 series. Unfortunately, I don't know the model of the old box. I know that it was also Motorola. I know that in addition to the USB port on the front it had a video input there too. The new box does not. The old box had larger air holes on the top too, if that helps at all!

I'm a real channel surfer, so this problem is infuriating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR channel change problems
PJM6

I had a problem with the DVR too. It might be the same one. I have a Panasonic plasma and it somehow interferes  with the the remote. I found a solution from some others on this forum. i put a small piece of electric tape over the IR sensor just above the green light and slightly to the left. Hope this helps.

0 Likes