Re: HD DVR keeps shutting off
lrobb6563
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with my 7000 series multi-room DVR.  It started slowly a couple of weeks ago and has become unbearable.  Sometimes it reboots itself once in the day- sometimes it can be 4 or 5 times in one hour!!  Tech support cannot figure out why and it is driving me crazy!  It is messing up all my recordings.  I have already replaced the box- per their suggestion and it started happening within an hour of hooking up the new box..  There is nothing on top of the box to cause it to overheat.  They are coming on Sat. for a house call but can't imagine they will find anything- what can I do?  If I am watching a recorded program in another room when the DVR box re-boots the recording i am watching will freeze and I will get an error message on my screen that says " I am not connected to the HUB"??!!  Anone have any ideas on what could be wrong?  I am really losing my patience to the point I am thinking of switching to a different provider.  I am paying over $200 a month for my triple play and it doesn't even work!!!!

Re: HD DVR keeps shutting off
thight1

Did you find a solution to your problem?  I swithed from multi room to single room dvr, since I received the new box, it turns itself off at least 20 times a day.  Drives me insane.  It has actually done it 6 times within the past 29 minutes, I know because one of my programs that is recording has been recorded as 6 different programs.  Please help!

0 Likes