HD DVR not playing some recorded programs
beckster20111

Grrrrr!  My favs NCIS and NCIS: LA are recorded on my DVR.  I cannot play them.  It shows that they are recorded for the entire recorded session.  I press play and it shows the info bar for a few seconds then goes to black screen then to live TV.  Tried going on line and troubleshooting with reset.  Didn't work and referred to chat with representative.  First said wait was 6 minutes, then it jumped to 19 minutes.  I'm going to bed!  BTW...I have other recorded programs that I am able to access.  What's up??????? 😞

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR not playing some recorded programs
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

We would like to help. Please check your inbox for a private message.

Lee_VZ

0 Likes
catapano

I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM - WHAT DID YOU DO TO FIX IT? THANKS!

0 Likes
dbldigit10
I am having the same problem with seems like just shows on Fox HD local channel. The recording shows up as full recording but when I go to play the recording it shows info bar and black screen then stops. I c. an view chapters but when I select a chapter it goes right back to a black screen then live TV couple seconds later. This is kinda annoying since I'm paying so much for the HD dvr. Can you please find a solution for me. Thanks.
0 Likes
dave_langer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get this issue about once a week on a show.  I am not sure why this happens so much

0 Likes
forester2

Same problem here, any word on a fix for this?

0 Likes
Mardy2

We've been having the same problem for over 3 years and with 3 different dvr boxes. It's always with our premium channels and the only solution I've gotten is a hard reset (pulling the plug). After the reset it records correctly for a while but no one has given me a way to view the shows that were recorded. I have one now that's like this. Has anyone gotten an answer?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Premiums, at least some of them, are marked do not record or record once.  This can cause the problem.  They should be being treated as record once.

0 Likes
Mardy2

The problem is occurring with series that have recorded fine in the past and record fine after a hard reset (at least for a while). I can fix the recording problem with the hard reset. I'm just looking for a way to watch the already recorded shows. A couple of times I was able to click on the last chapter, back up, then watch the show but that only works if I can get the last chapter to load.

0 Likes