HD DVR resetting
techgeek_ny

I am a fairly new user (maybe 2 months or so) and I am having a problem with 1 of my HD DVR boxes.  I have the new 500GB box and so far it has reset on me 3 times.  I am watching tv fine I hit the on demand button and either right away the box resets or the screen loads and as I am scrolling it then shuts off and resets.  Also one time only I was in the on demand and I couldn't access anything and in using the troubleshooter on the tv I ended up having to reset the router and that fixed it.  IS this what I have to look forward to with the box resetting periodically or is it a sign the box may be defective?  In reading another post the box is in an entertainment unit but it has space all around it and a hole in the back for venting.

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR resetting
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not standard operation. Im sorry your having these problems. I have sent you a private message regarding your problem.

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

I also have new 7232 HD-DVR box which periodically reboot itself automatically. In fact it rebooted itself just yesterday. I can't say it happen very often, but still I am curious why it's doing so. Other then this box does not seem to have other problems

I appreciate your answer.

AD

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Is there a minimum of two inches clearance on the tops and sides for proper venting? The box will reboot if it gets to hot to protect its own circuitry.

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

I will try to increase clearance on top of STB. On the sides and underneath clearance is normal. Box does not feel hot even with a current clearance,  Anyway, thanks for advice.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Ok good. Please let me know if the problem persists

0 Likes