Switch Account

HD DVR resetting

Highlighted
Copper Contributor techgeek_ny
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(1,152 Views)

I am a fairly new user (maybe 2 months or so) and I am having a problem with 1 of my HD DVR boxes.  I have the new 500GB box and so far it has reset on me 3 times.  I am watching tv fine I hit the on demand button and either right away the box resets or the screen loads and as I am scrolling it then shuts off and resets.  Also one time only I was in the on demand and I couldn't access anything and in using the troubleshooter on the tv I ended up having to reset the router and that fixed it.  IS this what I have to look forward to with the box resetting periodically or is it a sign the box may be defective?  In reading another post the box is in an entertainment unit but it has space all around it and a hole in the back for venting.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 6
(1,110 Views)

This is not standard operation. Im sorry your having these problems. I have sent you a private message regarding your problem.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 6
(1,096 Views)

I also have new 7232 HD-DVR box which periodically reboot itself automatically. In fact it rebooted itself just yesterday. I can't say it happen very often, but still I am curious why it's doing so. Other then this box does not seem to have other problems

I appreciate your answer.

AD

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 6
(1,027 Views)

Is there a minimum of two inches clearance on the tops and sides for proper venting? The box will reboot if it gets to hot to protect its own circuitry.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 6
(1,004 Views)

I will try to increase clearance on top of STB. On the sides and underneath clearance is normal. Box does not feel hot even with a current clearance,  Anyway, thanks for advice.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus
Message 6 of 6
(949 Views)

Ok good. Please let me know if the problem persists

Anthony_VZ

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.