HD DVR sound lags video
superalpha

This is annoying.  The sound progressively lags the video.  This is not like a fixed time lag of picture to sound due to picture processing time.  There is a serious software bug on this DVR.  It has been replaced one time, and of course that was not going to fix it.  Will there be an update soon?

0 Likes
Re: HD DVR sound lags video
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the audio issues you are having. There could be a bunch of different things here. Obviously its not the box if it has been replaced already. Is the sound coming from your TV speakers or surround sound speakers?

0 Likes
jschnibbe

I've been having the same problem.  I use the TV speakers for sound.  Is there a fix for this in order to synch the sound and video?

John

0 Likes
Kingconfusion
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same problem but I've always had a problem with the audio getting out of sync with the video. It occurs more now since the recent updates. Pausingvthe show then pressing play syncs the audio and video back up but it's a really annoying problem (as are all the other problems!).
0 Likes
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

I have noticed this happening a lot recently as well.  it started getting worse about a month ago.  I just got a new high capacity DVR, hooked it up, and the problem is still there - so it is apparently not the equipment.

0 Likes
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

bump!

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Or is it unique to my installation.  Thanks.

0 Likes
jdctrain

I am having the same issue.  Have audio coming directly from optical port on DVR to stereo receiver.  Replaced HDMI connection to TV with component cable recommended by Verizon Technician.  Still no improvement.

0 Likes
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

I am not using the optical audio - only the HDMI.

0 Likes