HD Issue
warior9463

When I first started up my Fios Tv I was happy with the HD channels.  I have an HDMI cable running from my Motorolla STB into my LCD TV. 

The problem is that every time I turn the TV off and then on again Fios will not show any channels, it is a black screen.  I have to unplug and replug the STB every time I turn the TV on to get the Fios to work through my HDMI cable.

Does anyone else have this issue or know of any way to prevent it?

0 Likes
Re: HD Issue
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

I am trying to get an understanding of what our problem may be here.  Is there a reson you turn just the tv off and not the box or are you turning both the set top box and the LCD TV off together?

0 Likes
warior9463

My Verizon remote is is not synched to my TV because I was unable to find a code that worked.  Thus I turn the TV on and off with the TV remote and have either turned off the STB with the Verizon remote or have not turned it off at all.  Either way when I turn the TV back on there is no picture until I unplug the STB and plug it back in. 

Any advice?  Thanks for taking the time to post.

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Check here to see if you can find a remote code that works with your tv

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote%20Controls/SetUp/QuestionsOne/122830.htm

side note: Try code 1292 if not listed as your specific TV code.

To sync the power buttons to turn both tv and set top box on and off.  Follow below and let me know if this helps

1) Press and hold the STB key. 2) While holding down the STB key, press OK. 3) Release both keys. The device keys will blink twice. 4) Press 9-7-7. The STB key will blink twice. 5) One after the other, press each device key you want the Power key to control in the order you want them to turn on or off. Selected device key will blink twice after each pressed. 6) Press OK when done. The STB key will blink 3 times to indicate success in programming.

side note: Try code 1292 if not listed as your specific TV code.

If no specific code works

Search for TV remote code
1) Power on the TV. 2) Press and hold TV device key. While holding down the TV key, press OK. 3) Release both keys. The device keys will blink twice. 4) Press 9-2-2. 5) Point the remote at the device and press the PLAY button. 6) Press FF>>. Every time you press FF>> , the remote sends a new power-off command to the TV. Keep pressing FF>> until the TV powers off. You can press  to go back to the previous code. 7) When the device turns off, press OK to store this code. (Note: if you reach the end of the code list the TV button will blink twice and return to normal operation. You can also hit Exit to cancel the device code search.)

(300 possible codes your remote will search thru)

0 Likes
warior9463

I confess I'm not sure why synching the TV to the remote will fix this problem but it doesn't seem to matter anyway.  My TV doesn't respond to any of the 300 codes. 

I can turn the TV off with its own remote, I have no problem doing that.  The problem is the Fios never shows on the TV unless I unplug the STB unit and plug it in again for every viewing.  There must be something to fix this.

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Seems to be an isolated issue.  Would you happen to have another HDMI cable on hand to try on the mentioned equipment.  Seems as though when your tv is turning off it is not connecting back to the box when you power it back on.

0 Likes