Re: HD Movies Video on Demand, no surround sound?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

pper to peer forum,  unlikely that any vz tech's are actively monitoring, although they have been known to poke their head in from time to time.  

if you need to contact vz for a direct answer try the contact links. 

I haven't purchased robin hood so i couldn't answer the question above. 

sorry 

0 Likes
Punkrulz

It feels like I'm yelling into the wind at this point.  I still haven't been able to get a straight answer on if I'm supposed to be getting surround sound on the movies I order or not... very disappointing.

0 Likes
Punkrulz

It isn't necessarily just Robin Hood, but any movie... So far I've noticed that the last two movies I had gotten did not have surround sound associated with them, and I'm trying to find out if it's normal.

If it's normal, then fine... there's nothing I can do, and I can accept that.

If it's not normal, meaning I SHOULD be getting surround sound for HD movies I order on demand straight from Verizon, then that means I have a problem somewhere that needs to get rectified.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

VZ gets the Video on demand from the broadcaster, and they deliver it.  they aren't putting it through additonal processing.

not all VOD gets 5.1 and not all HD gets 5.1

some broadcasters don't send it over that way. 

This is 100% normal

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,20259627

these guys talk about it briefly as well.   it's common. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

BTW - I just went to On Demand, Browse all, and then HD movies only.

And I would say about 30-40 % of them are   5.1 surround sound.  

They will be represented with a Dolby Digital Logo that looks like this.     If it does not have that logo, then it is not 5.1

When you click on one of those programs, you can view information about the program, and you will notice that it clearly says if it's 5.1 or not.   And there are a HUGE number that are NOT 5.1, and there is a fair number that are in fact 5.1

soOoOOoOoOoO  like I said earlier.   not all of them are 5.1 and are not supposed to be.

0 Likes
bbenjamin602

I am having the same issue on HD movies (On Demand).  The sad part is that I pay $5.99 for the HD movie and can't even enjoy the surround sound.  After having several of the channels removed from my package and increasing my monthly cost another $20.00 I am seriously considering dropping.  I just think they should be able to deliver surround sound.

0 Likes
regspeir

same problems... can anyone help? Or can Verizon just correctly state they can't deliver what they promise?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes