HD Override no longer working; how do I fix this?
jaytee1019
Enthusiast - Level 2

My HD override was working fine for the past 2 years. All of a sudden sometime this past week, the non-HD shows and channels now have black bars on the top, bottom, and/or sides of the screen. Even some programming (non-commercial) on HD channels is showing with the black bars. I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden. Please verify that my below settings are correct and let me know if there's something I can do to fix this.

My TV is an HDTV set to HDMI 1080i.

My TV screen setting is Widescreen.

My DVR Menu Video Settings are:

Video Format: 1080i 16:9

SD Override: Stretch

TV Type: 16:9

Graphic Settings: HD

0 Likes
Re: HD Override no longer working; how do I fix this?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Those look good, have you tried toggling the AR aspect ratio on the controller?  It should be the # key

Also try the set top box auto correction in the menu. 

Menu>customer support>in home agent>set top box auto correct.

jaytee1019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I did the set top box auto correct, but that didn't fix it.

A lot of my HD channels now have black bars, either top/bottom, left/right, or on all fours.

I don't know what caused this to happen all of a sudden but it won't go back to normal (no black bars).

I shouldn't have to toggle the aspect ratio on every channel. The picture should fill the screen automatically the way it has for the past 3 years.

I may just have to call Verizon. These black bars are ridiculous.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

So the aspect ratio did not work out?   the zoom on your TV etc?

0 Likes
jaytee1019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Partially. The zoom/wide/stretch won't fit the screen correctly. For instance, with an MTV show (HD MTV channel), when you change the aspect ratio the MTV logo in the bottom right corner will be either partially visible or there will be top/bottom black bars.

And when you change the channel and then turn back to it, you have to change the aspect ratio all over again.

0 Likes