HD Picture Too Large for TV
Lukeb1

I spent forever with support, they even excanged the DVR box, no solution.  There is no Verizon method I can discover for support other than script followers....  
The picture 'largeness' is expecially annoying when using the 'guide' or Menu. My estimate is 2-3 inches cut-off.
I switched from Comcast, where the picture was correct, to Verizion, where it is not.  I have a PC and a FireStick connected to the same HDMI port on the TV, through a surround sound system, and they produce properly sized pictures.
Pressing the #(Size) on the remote will produce an even larger picture when watching a tv show (worse), but will not change anything with Guide or Menu displaying.

The Verizion DVR has VMS1100 ARRIS on the front.

The TV is a TCL, 

Panel ID: 6

SW Vesion: V8-ORSC809-LF1R011 (no Idea how to update this or find out if one is available)
Service Mdel No. LE55FHDF3300Z_SME6 TAAA

The TV Picture says "HDMI 1 920x1080p" (what I believe it is supposed to  be).

I'd love to be able to see all of the menus, do searches, read the guide.... Anyone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HD Picture Too Large for TV
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don’t use the size of the Verizon remote thas affects the vms box not your tv. Go into you tv picture settings with you tv remote and make sure its 16:9 or widescreen. And not zoom or stretch. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don’t use the size of the Verizon remote thas affects the vms box not your tv. Go into you tv picture settings with you tv remote and make sure its 16:9 or widescreen. And not zoom or stretch. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

This is not my expertise but years ago when I had cable tv the screen size was changeable through the set top box settings under screen size options.

the Verizon one may have the same thing. Sometimes changing to 1080i/p or by experimenting with higher or lower may give you the desired affect.

0 Likes