HD Picture Too Large
caversham9

I just received a QIP 7216 set top box & hooked it to my ancient RCA HDTV via an HDMI cord. The picture is too big for the screen. I have: a) checked all the conntections; b)reset the box several times; c) gone through the "Settings" for picture type; d) troubleshot my tv; e) tried to adjust using the aspect button (D) on my remote. Nothing has worked. Is it possible that the box is too advanced for the tv? Also, the picture is slightly blurry and so is the guide.

0 Likes
Re: HD Picture Too Large
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@caversham9 wrote:

I just received a QIP 7216 set top box & hooked it to my ancient RCA HDTV via an HDMI cord. The picture is too big for the screen. I have: a) checked all the conntections; b)reset the box several times; c) gone through the "Settings" for picture type; d) troubleshot my tv; e) tried to adjust using the aspect button (D) on my remote. Nothing has worked. Is it possible that the box is too advanced for the tv? Also, the picture is slightly blurry and so is the guide.

Hello,

If you have an older high definition TV and have problems with the picture size on the TV screen,

from your Verizon FiOS TV Remote try:

a) going to Menu -- Settings -- Video Format -- select 720p 16:9 instead of 1080i 16:9.

b) pressing the pound sign '#' a few times to change the Aspect ratio to the best picture fit.

If you tried both and still have issues, then there may be a setting or two you'd need to modify right on your TV as well, especially if it is an "ancient" HDTV.  You may need to review your RCA HDTV manual for details.

Most newer TVs have their own way of self-adjusting the picture ratio.

Good luck!

caversham9

Thanks for the info. I already did all of those things. The old box worked fine. I also do not have sound from the tv now. I have a surround system that is working fine. The 780 gives me a triple screen effect.

0 Likes
kvramsey

My picture is too large

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes