HD Picture and audio out of sync
TampaPirate
Has anyone else noticed, or maybe it is just me and my older HDTV, that the video and audio on HD channels occasionally is out of sync?
0 Likes
Re: HD Picture and audio out of sync
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

are you using a DVR?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Yes, I notice once in awhile some channels are out of sync, then another day they are OK, then another day back out again
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If you see them out of sync on a HD box (non DVR), you can try rebooting the stb

menu==>settings==>system info and type 2601 using the remote.   This will reboot the stb and correct most minor issues

If you see this on a DVR, you can try the same thing, but one of the things I have noticed on my dvr is that the sound and pic when out of sync can also be fixed by hitting the pause button for about a sec and then resume. on my dvr it seems like the pic is tring to run ahead of the buffer, but if I pause for just a sec and let everything run just behind the buffer by a sec or so, no more issue. YMMV but works for me

Message Edited by spacedebris on 07-09-2009 10:00 AM
0 Likes
TampaPirate
I have a multi room DVR and will try the suggetions. I have noticed it the most on a live broadcast like golf, football, etc and not so much or as bad on movies or broadcast shows.
0 Likes
planofiosuser
Enthusiast - Level 3
We have noticed audio out of sync on both HD and non-HD channels at various times and various channels and on our DVR also. I think it is more noticeable on certain type of shows (talk shows, news etc) so my guess is it's happening more than we realize. We never had this issue with DirecTV and it is getting quite frustrating. We've called Tech support several times and there is nothing they can do to help with this issue. It seems ridiculous that a "solution" to a problem is reset it....when that might mean resetting 3-4 times a day.
0 Likes
TampaPirate
I also never had the problem with DirecTv but I did with Dish.  I came to FIOS hoping it was the solution to all problems.
0 Likes