Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

HD Picture and audio out of sync

TampaPirate
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

HD Picture and audio out of sync

Message 1 of 7
(6,779 Views)
Has anyone else noticed, or maybe it is just me and my older HDTV, that the video and audio on HD channels occasionally is out of sync?
6 REPLIES 6
spacedebris
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: HD Picture and audio out of sync

Message 2 of 7
(6,762 Views)

are you using a DVR?

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 7
(6,762 Views)
Yes, I notice once in awhile some channels are out of sync, then another day they are OK, then another day back out again
spacedebris
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 4 of 7
(6,758 Views)

If you see them out of sync on a HD box (non DVR), you can try rebooting the stb

menu==>settings==>system info and type 2601 using the remote.   This will reboot the stb and correct most minor issues

If you see this on a DVR, you can try the same thing, but one of the things I have noticed on my dvr is that the sound and pic when out of sync can also be fixed by hitting the pause button for about a sec and then resume. on my dvr it seems like the pic is tring to run ahead of the buffer, but if I pause for just a sec and let everything run just behind the buffer by a sec or so, no more issue. YMMV but works for me

Message Edited by spacedebris on 07-09-2009 10:00 AM

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
TampaPirate
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(6,750 Views)
I have a multi room DVR and will try the suggetions. I have noticed it the most on a live broadcast like golf, football, etc and not so much or as bad on movies or broadcast shows.
planofiosuser
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(6,726 Views)
We have noticed audio out of sync on both HD and non-HD channels at various times and various channels and on our DVR also. I think it is more noticeable on certain type of shows (talk shows, news etc) so my guess is it's happening more than we realize. We never had this issue with DirecTV and it is getting quite frustrating. We've called Tech support several times and there is nothing they can do to help with this issue. It seems ridiculous that a "solution" to a problem is reset it....when that might mean resetting 3-4 times a day.
TampaPirate
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 7
(6,676 Views)
I also never had the problem with DirecTv but I did with Dish.  I came to FIOS hoping it was the solution to all problems.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title