HD Programming and DVR.

HD Programming and DVR.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

HD Programming and DVR.

Message 1 of 2
(3,563 Views)

I don't know if this was discussed earlier, but if it was I apologize for being redundant.

First of all, I love that FIOS came out with a bunch of HD channels. Makes watching TV more enjoyable.

Because of the HD feed, the amount of space it takes during a recording is much more than a SD feed (I know, I just stated the obvious). Now that most of the channels we watch are in HD we tend to schedule the HD version. This fills up the Hard Drive really fast and I've actually lost recording because the DVR deletes it to make space for something else. 

My question is when is Verizon going to release a box that allows me to attach a Hard Drive so that I have the flexibility to expand. I know there is a 7000 box and that it will support it once the software is released for it, but when will that happen?

Also can I get a 7000 box now?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: HD Programming and DVR.

Message 2 of 2
(3,549 Views)
The rumor (and I stress RUMOR) is that it will be sometime in 2009 and require the 7216 HD DVR since it supports e-sata.  Based on past performance, believe it when you see it :smileysad:
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.