Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

HD Reciever - IR Extender?

GatorsUF
Contributor
Contributor

HD Reciever - IR Extender?

Message 1 of 3
(22,892 Views)
I wanted to put my STB in the room right behind my TV.  I have seen a bunch of different options for IR extenders (I.E. repeater, transmitter, rf transmitter/reciever, wireless, wired).  I just need something simple to control my box through the wall.  I noticed there is an IR connection in the back which according to the user manual is an input jack.  Could i just buy one of those little wires that has basically a headphone jack on one end an a little box about the size of a stick of gum on the other and poke it through the wall?  I don't need a wireless transmitter that can change the orbit of the satelites.  Ebay has what I am talking about for around $6, just want to make sure it will work.
2 REPLIES 2
jaywyatt
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HD Reciever - IR Extender?

Message 2 of 3
(22,821 Views)
This one works great with the 7200 series dvr Ir Receiver Blaster Cable for HD DVR CATV Boxes
mythtv_user
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HD Reciever - IR Extender?

Message 3 of 3
(22,281 Views)

This $6 cable is an ir transmitter, not an ir receiver.  It is designed to allow your STB to control an external device such as a vcr.  It is not designed to allow you to control your STB behind closed doors.  If you want to control your STB behind closed doors and you have a box that has an "IR Remote Input" port such as the 71XX or 72XX you can use something like this one:

http://www.irblaster.info/motorola_rx.html

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title