HD Reciever - IR Extender?
GatorsUF
I wanted to put my STB in the room right behind my TV.  I have seen a bunch of different options for IR extenders (I.E. repeater, transmitter, rf transmitter/reciever, wireless, wired).  I just need something simple to control my box through the wall.  I noticed there is an IR connection in the back which according to the user manual is an input jack.  Could i just buy one of those little wires that has basically a headphone jack on one end an a little box about the size of a stick of gum on the other and poke it through the wall?  I don't need a wireless transmitter that can change the orbit of the satelites.  Ebay has what I am talking about for around $6, just want to make sure it will work.
0 Likes
Re: HD Reciever - IR Extender?
jaywyatt
Enthusiast - Level 1
This one works great with the 7200 series dvr Ir Receiver Blaster Cable for HD DVR CATV Boxes
0 Likes
Re: HD Reciever - IR Extender?
mythtv_user

This $6 cable is an ir transmitter, not an ir receiver.  It is designed to allow your STB to control an external device such as a vcr.  It is not designed to allow you to control your STB behind closed doors.  If you want to control your STB behind closed doors and you have a box that has an "IR Remote Input" port such as the 71XX or 72XX you can use something like this one:

http://www.irblaster.info/motorola_rx.html

0 Likes