HD STB hooked up to Samsung LCD TV
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Anyone having issues with their STB that is hooked up to a Samsung LCD TV via HDMI?  It seems that I have to reset the STD by unplugging the power to the STB at least once weekly due to lost connection. The holdtime for tech support is "shall we say extensive" so the workaround for me is a hard reset which was suggested by Tech support.  I also noticed that I can no longer reset any of my 4 STB on line by logging into my account. In the My Services setion on the TV, there is a message there that says "No STB found".  Any thoughts?
0 Likes
Re: HD STB hooked up to Samsung LCD TV
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1
Just Google “Samsung” “Motorola”, maybe add “HDMI” for grins, you will get more than you wanted to know. But switch to component cables and your problems will melt away like a Hershey bar in the hot Texas sun! (you do not need HDMI for the 1080i on TV)
0 Likes
Re: HD STB hooked up to Samsung LCD TV
GPGG1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thx G-pon. 

Some more background here.  I had the HDMI go out on my other TV which is Sharp LCD TV while hooked up to the STB.   That TV is now hooked up via component and works fine with no issues.  I thought that the issue may have been a STB issue with HDMI but it seems like a co-incidence.  BTW I had the HDMI checked out by a Sharp authorized service person who confirmed that the HDMI board is infact bad and needs to be replaced for $300. (too expensive) 

Also, any thoughts as to the second part of my question regarding vewing and resetting the STB's in my account?

0 Likes