Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

HD STB

ecmks
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

HD STB

Message 1 of 6
(4,142 Views)

Does Verizon provide a HDMI cable with their HD STB?

5 REPLIES 5
ekem015
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: HD STB

Message 2 of 6
(4,115 Views)

Yes.

CCandBW
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(4,058 Views)

When I picked up my HD STB at the local Verizon place, I was told they were out of the them and to come back in a week.  I went back a week later and was told that they were no longer providing HDMI cables.  I ended up buying one myself.  I am hearing more and more through this forum that they are supposed to  provide a cable.

ekem015
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 6
(4,045 Views)

Yeah, that does sound a little sketchy. The last STB I ordered was in December and we got HDMI back then, and I haven't heard about Verizon changing anything. I would call Verizon and just ask for one. If not you (if they say they truly aren't providing them anymore for free) can order one for $19.99 either over the phone or online.

VZ_Kim
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 6
(3,941 Views)

When you place an order for an hd stb over the phone we send an hdmi cable. When you place an order at the store, the hdmi cable isn't included.

Kim
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

CCandBW
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(3,899 Views)

Thanks for the update VZ_Kim.  However, I'm not sure why picking up a box at a store would make me any less in need of a cable to connect the box to my TV as someone who calls and receives a box via mail.  What is the explanation for that dividing line? 

Also, I did not place my order at a store -- When I bought my HD TV and chose to upgrade to HD service, I called customer service and they gave me a confirmation number to take to the Verizon "place" to pick up the box.  That was my only option -- I guess because I live close to a Verizon "place".  I was not told when I placed my order that I would not have a way to connect the box to my TV.  If I had been told my only option was to wait for a box to be mailed, I would have certainly chosen that option.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title