Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

HDDVR pixelating BADLY

BACSI
Contributor
Contributor

HDDVR pixelating BADLY

Message 1 of 4
(2,379 Views)

My Motorola QIP6416-2 HD-DVR is pixellating badly on all channels. My other set top boxes are fine. I have disconnected the power cord and let the box reset for several minutes several times. When I reconnect it, it works for about five minutes and then starts doing it again.

3 REPLIES 3
lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: HDDVR pixelating BADLY

Message 2 of 4
(2,359 Views)

Swap the box with a location which is not exhibiting the problem and see if the problem follows the box or stays with the location.  This will tell you if you have a bad box or a wiring / splitter issue somewhere.

GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(2,347 Views)

Make sure you have free air all around the box so it doesn't overheat. The 5 minute warm up time before failure seems to point to a thermal defect.

CraigVA
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(2,275 Views)

I have had that problem twice and both times one of my cables was a little loose.  Each time I had the problem I tightened every cable connection and after that the pixelation stopped.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.