HDHomeRun Prime & Cable Card
maddog28061

Hi,

I tried to setup my HDHomeRun Prime today with my newly recieved cable card but was unsuccessful. The cable card activated through the online tool but only "authentication" showed "success". I was not able to get OOB Lock or Validation to succeed. They stayed at none.

Digging into the diagnostics, the VCTID was a 2 but the VCT Rcvd was a 0. According to the manufacturer of the HDHomeRun, this indicates "that the CableCARD has been configured incorrectly by the cable provider and is not receiving a channel lineup as a result. The provider will typically need to change the hub or headend setting associated with the card in their system."

I spent about an hour on the phone with a VZ Tech. Deleting and re-activate didn't help. After digging further he finally decided just to send a new card. I'm not holding my breath, looking to see if anyone else has had this experience and has pointers.

0 Likes
Re: HDHomeRun Prime & Cable Card
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

What was in the HD Homerun's place? Was it a Verizon set-top box? Does it give a signal level or frequency for OOB?

It is possible that you have bad RF levels. Make sure that it is not connected to the cable provider's signal and is connected to the ONT. 

0 Likes
maddog28061

Yes I'm replacing an existing Verizon set-top box. I'll check if it gives the signal level or frequency. I have the homerun directly connected to the ONT. The homerun is reporting this currently but if I keep hitting refresh I do see the OOB Frequency shift around so I assume it is trying to find it since it cannot lock on.

OOB Frequency110.250 MHz
OOB Locknone
Signal Strength100% (10.1 dBmV)
Signal Qualitynone
0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@maddog2806 wrote:

Yes I'm replacing an existing Verizon set-top box. I'll check if it gives the signal level or frequency. I have the homerun directly connected to the ONT. The homerun is reporting this currently but if I keep hitting refresh I do see the OOB Frequency shift around so I assume it is trying to find it since it cannot lock on.

OOB Frequency110.250 MHz
OOB Locknone
Signal Strength100% (10.1 dBmV)
Signal Qualitynone

Verizon's OOB is 75.25 MHz. Is there a way to manually select the OOB in the Homerun's settings? It's not going to take any activation commands until it locks on 75.25 MHz. I guess it is possible that you received a bad cable card. But signal strength is good and if a Verizon Set-top box was there before there should be no issue.