HDMI-CEC??
Cerebud
Enthusiast - Level 2
Really bummed at the poor HDMI-CEC support. I have a Samsung TV connected to a Denon receiver (both of which are less than two years old and have HDMI-CEC) and then my FiOS box. I turn on my TV and my receiver goes to the antenna because it can't "see" my FiOS box. Very annoying to have to turn receiver to Cable because my TV keeps switching it to Antenna several times in the first 15 seconds or so when I turn on my TV. Can anyone help me?
Re: HDMI-CEC??
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Cerebud wrote:
Really bummed at the poor HDMI-CEC support. I have a Samsung TV connected to a Denon receiver (both of which are less than two years old and have HDMI-CEC) and then my FiOS box. I turn on my TV and my receiver goes to the antenna because it can't "see" my FiOS box. Very annoying to have to turn receiver to Cable because my TV keeps switching it to Antenna several times in the first 15 seconds or so when I turn on my TV. Can anyone help me?

I've successfully used the CEC function with a Denon receiver and a Panasonic TV, so there may be some setting on the Samsung TV or something on your Denon receiver that you may need to set differently.  The STB always outputs HDMI even when "off" -- it shows the screen saver in this mode -- so it sounds like the Samsung isn't sensing that the HDMI output on the STB is active via the Denon receiver and keeping the output on "Cable."

(As a last thought, make sure CEC passthrough is enabled on the Denon receiver.)

0 Likes
Re: HDMI-CEC??
Cerebud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I'll try that out when I get home.

0 Likes