HDMI Cable Length for FIOS TV One
JBR_FIOS_User

Ever since I got the new FIOS TV One I have an issue with the TV flickering and going black.  The FIOS TV One is located in a media closet with a 50 foot HDMI cable to the TV.  The prior FIOS Cable box worked find with no issues.  Thoughts?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: HDMI Cable Length for FIOS TV One
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JBR_FIOS_User wrote:

Ever since I got the new FIOS TV One I have an issue with the TV flickering and going black.  The FIOS TV One is located in a media closet with a 50 foot HDMI cable to the TV.  The prior FIOS Cable box worked find with no issues.  Thoughts?

I fthe Fios box is set to 2160P you absolutely need to have High-speed sertified HDMI cable. 50' is REALLY pushing the limit with a non-powered HDMI cable. The older Fios boxes weren't capable of 2160P, you may have better luck setting the video output in the Fios box to 1080i.

Re: HDMI Cable Length for FIOS TV One
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@clem53 wrote:

@JBR_FIOS_User wrote:

If the Fios box is set to 2160P you absolutely need to have High-speed certified HDMI cable. 50' is REALLY pushing the limit with a non-powered HDMI cable. The older Fios boxes weren't capable of 2160P, you may have better luck setting the video output in the Fios box to 1080i.

Sorry for the uncorrected earlier version. 2160P HDR requires the High Speed Certified 18Gps Cable to function correctly. The standard maximum length is 25'. At 50' you are lucky to see anything at all. You might need something like this, but not necessarily this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Cabernet-Ultra-Active-Speed/dp/B015121JOW/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywo...

0 Likes