HDMI Motorola 72322
iczweb

Has there been a fix to the HDMI audio problem with the above box?  Been a customer for 2 months going on 3 and would just like to be able to use HDMI as sold to me.

The HDMI never did work right with the audio going in and out.  After 2 weeks on the phone with support and them making me purchase a few HDMI cables because it was my fault and  a new box being sent out and installed they finally told me it was their box that was the problem and I should just use component.

I am using that now but I want to use HDMI since I was sold that it would work with HDMI.  I was told on the phone to keep checking back periodically to see if their HD box was fixed.  I am getting tired of calling in and waiting on hold for long times to ask this question.

So I thought I would pose it here.

0 Likes
Re: HDMI Motorola 72322
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If you have the 7232 DVR you have the newest model. Most here would kill to get that DVR.

Most of the HDMI issues have already been fixed. There are supposed to be some minor adjustments coming with the 1.9 img upgrade but that is still several months off. From what I understand Verizon has made just about all the updates that they can/will for the HDMI issue. They just promise the 1080i resolution, not the connection style. Their box has HDMI capability, but if your TV is not compatible, there is only so much they can do. And since component cables provide the promised quality, that is what they consider as the end of their responsibility. The rest is being left up to the TV manufactures.

Most Manufactures have acknowledged that it is their issue. Have you checked to see if your TV manufacturer has any firmware updates for your model yet? Beyond that, the next update will be the 1.9 update, but like I said earlier, that is likely months off.

0 Likes
iczweb

Yes I have that model.  I would gladly trade it for a model that actually worked however.  I understand that component can be used but I specifically asked about hdmi and was told yes before signing up.  Regardless of what they consider the end of their responsibility they must live up to what was promised.  I do not wish to use component.  It is used for something else.

What you are saying is not what I was told by several Verizon reps on the phone.  They told me it was this model that was having issues and it was a Motorola problem that they were fixing.  I will be really upset if that was a lie to keep me beyond the date from which I could get out of this service without charge.

The simple fact is they came to install and hooked it up with HDMI.  It never worked and still does not as it has picture and no audio.  So I consider it their responsibility to make it work as promised.

I do however appreciate the information and hope that it gets fixed in a update.  I have been unhappy with this service from the beginning.  Customer Service told me that I should not complain as I had a functioning box because it was recording properly.  They said I could just watch the recordings on another TV in the house with and SD box.  In my opinion that is crazy I am paying for a working HD DVR media box and being told to just record on it and watch the movies on and SD box instead is unacceptable.

--------------

I just wanted to add everything else I use HDMI with on the same TV works fine without flaw as promised.  My PC uses HDMi and audio and picture work, PS3 HDMI again and audio and picture work great,  Mac Mini HDMI again and audio and picture work great. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

a lot of people were succesful getting the hdmi audio working properly by switching the full surround to pass through or l-pcm.   shouldn't notice too much of a difference if its just a straight tv to cable box set up.

give it a try

you have to use both your hands  one to power off the box and then the other to use the remote and press ok and then menu (not at the same time) 

so the sequence is power ok and then menu,  but I haven't been lucky enough to get it with just the remote or just the box,  I had to power it off with one hand and then hit ok menu using the remote. 

not too big a deal, but an important point.

once you do that you'll get the user settings menu,  you can use the up, down, left, right arrows and navigate to advanced hdmi options.  then go to audio.    and then switch it from auto to pass through.    try it there first. 

if it doesn't work so well then switch it to l-pcm.  

"Lasagna" first discovered this problem and fixed it with previous versions of that box, and current users have also reported that lasagna's fix still works - so give it a try.

0 Likes
iczweb

Thanks for the help it appears for now (keeps fingers crossed) that changing to L-pcm worked the pass through did not.

I really appreciate the help as I was about to chunk this DVR out the window and tell VZ they could go you know where I was so frustrated with service. 

3 months of bills way higher than what I was told they would be even when I demanded a by the numbers break down before purchasing and 3 months of no audio was hitting my last nerve.

BTW verizon reps if you look at this forum installing TV service with picture and no sound is not TV service.  Sarcastically asking me if my closed captions works is also not funny.

0 Likes
mgp771

I have 3 7232's, 2 of which are using HDMI with no issue. How many are having problems with HDMI?

0 Likes