Re: HDMI PROBLEM
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

You know, I just read my post and I didnt mean to belittle your issue. I understand that you have had an issue for a long time and I'm not trying to make excuses for Verizon. I only ment to try and bring in an unbiased opinion on the subject. So please dont take it the wrong way Smiley Wink

0 Likes
nickyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone thank-you very much for all the information given. By doing research on here and also on the Dsl reports site I have found that Verizon hopes to fix the "Hanshake issue" of HDMI connection during the scheduled update of IMG 1.7 which according to Verizon is tentatively scheduled for 9/22/09 for my area which would be the Gulf Coast Florida area. Hopefully this will fix the problem as i feel that HDMI gives me a better picture and sound qaulity on my Tv than component cables. Again I was able to have the HDMI work with 62xx series box before, however I felt that the SD quality was not very good on that box so I will update everyone on here once the update comes through this month.

0 Likes
njboost

Since Dec 17 , 2008 i have been dealing w/ handshake isuues from day one of install . Setup : 04' Hitachi plasma, Comm. grade 50ft HDMI's. initially The tech said that the remanufactured Motorolla 6400 boxes suck and to exchange it. OK weird, but we did that a few times, with no luck and began just "tolerating"  the pink tinted screen on powerup.  

Verizons reponse to the initial problem was ...Your HDMI cables suck,, your TV is old,switch to components.

My answert to them is my HDMIs are for runs of 100ft.and i have two ran, what are the chances of two going bad.

And no the HDMIS are there and should work like they did for comcast.

I eventually got tired of calling and never getting answers.

Now almost year later, i have had a TVrepair company replace every internal component on my plasma with no luck. They after three months of wasting there time said that they were baffled, and told the warranty company to cut us a check. they did.

All that aside we are still tolerating this problem.  

I just saw these posts and thought I'd try again. Verizon Now said it has been a issue for almost a year and is baffling everyone. They now were impressed at my years worth of troubleshooting and stated to just use a componant cable setup.

Easier said than done on a install that was done prior to the wals being there.  And Im not paying for anymore cables. 

SO, they offered me a DVR box to see if it will help, A 7200 something or other.  we shall see......

0 Likes
majiksea2

DVR wont help! They keep telling me to switch cables. I don't understand why this technology is so difficult for Verizon!!!

0 Likes
mat2818
Funny, I too have the Insignia NS-LCD47HD-09 and switched to FIOS HD this weekend (had comcast HD originally) and am experiencing the exact same thing. The picture will flicker on for a second or two, produce no sound, and then shut off. It works fine with the component cables. The installer had no clue what the deal was so we ordered two more boxes. Four 7100 boxes later, and still no joy utilizing an HDMI cable with the box. I also used three variety of HDMI cables, Verizon's, and two different brands of my own (1.3b shielded and unshielded), I am now using component cables. I never had this issue with comcast so I am wonder when on earth they will fix this. Guess I will be harassing Verizon again tomorrow.
0 Likes
cltoby

I have a Sony Bravia and have had problems since the beginning. I used a good quality HDMI cable and still had the problem. Verizon said to use the component cables but the problem I have with them is that they do not let me format the picture to fit the screen properly like the HDMI cable does. My TV will cut out to a black screen for a few seconds then come back on. Verizon gave me another cable to use and just changed out the box. The problem is still there.

The Verizon tech guy said the problem is that the circuit board in the Sony used cheap parts. I don't believe that.

0 Likes
milomvr

I don't care for the comp. cables and you can tell a difference with the HDMI cable.  

With my previous set-up, I ran HDMI thru my receiver and all was well.

But with FiOS, I had to run the HDMI from the DVR to the TV and used optical from the DVR  to my receiver for sound  to get  Dolby 5.1. 

The whole point of FiOS is picture quality and I can only hope that they will provide equipment so customers can get the most from their HD service to use the capability the TV's are now delivering. TV's are going upwards of 240Hz and I haven't seen a comp. cable that can match an HDMI cable for the smooth motion enhancement of 240Hz.. Hence...you must by an HDMI cable that can handle 240Hz.

0 Likes
HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

Has a fix ever been found for this problem?  When I switched to Verizon, I was coming from Cox and a similar Mororola DVR, so I had no notion there would be an issue.  Well, I have the same Insignia TV several other people here do and it is a problem.  It's probably going to, begrudgingly, force me to cancel the Verizon service - the available channels are far and away better, but I shouldn't have to go out and buy a new TV just to suit Verizon.

0 Likes
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have heard nothing but excuses for months, and some for more than a year, and we are still no closer to having an answer or a solution yet Verizon continues to collect our hard earned money month after month.  I had a nearly identical STB from Comcast connected to the same Vizio HDTV via HDMI with absolutely no issues.  I had to stop reading these posts because it makes my blood pressure rise through the roof.  After a brief hiatus, I'm back to check in here while my TV is popping and cracking in the background.   

Congress put together a commission to investigate the use of steriods in baseball, but nothing seems to get any real attention when customers are locked into long-term contracts and charged full price despite the service not living up to claims and customer expectations. 

OH, and check this out -- Verizon is apparently doubling the Early Termination Fees (ETF) and rising the monthly service charges.

0 Likes
nickyb
Enthusiast - Level 2

To all:

I have finally recieved IMG  1.7 upgrade this am on Jan 20th here in florida. I am glad to say that i am successfully able to use my HDMI cables finally with my Insignia Tv. This update seems to be grate so far. I just want to say thank's for all that replied to this forum page. I would say case closed for my problem. Thank you Verizon for finally giving me the update

Nick

0 Likes