HDMI Picture Problem Since 1.9 Upgrade
Snobeeler

Hi, I have a Philips HD TV Model 30PW9100D and a Motorola 7100 STB. Ever since the 1.9 upgrade when I turn on my TV the screen is blank untill I cycle thru the TV Inputs back to HDMI. Then the picture is there. The TV is on HDMI input when turned on. Sometimes I have to do this more than once to get a picture. Any Ideas? I have rebooted the STB, no change.

0 Likes
Re: HDMI Picture Problem Since 1.9 Upgrade
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

Try this.

1. Power down the STB and the TV.
2. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the STB, and the TV
3. Power the STB and TV back on. (Note: - HDMI is not yet connected back)
4. With both the STB and the TV powered on, re-insert the HDMI cable, plugging the cable into the STB first, and then into the TV.

It is called HDMI reset.

0 Likes
Alisongoldfrapp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not recommend you attempt abhi_col's instructions as hot-plugging HDMI cables can result in permanent damage.

0 Likes
Snobeeler

@abhi_col wrote:

Try this.

1. Power down the STB and the TV.
2. Disconnect the HDMI cable from the STB, and the TV
3. Power the STB and TV back on. (Note: - HDMI is not yet connected back)
4. With both the STB and the TV powered on, re-insert the HDMI cable, plugging the cable into the STB first, and then into the TV.

It is called HDMI reset.

Well, I tried that and the picture did come on, but only the first time after plugging HDMI cable in. Every time there after it did not work.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would actually try a quick fix of the STB and if that did not help, then I would probably plug it into a different outlet (HDMI 2 instead of HDMI 1 on the back of your TV).  I imagine at one time this worked fine for you right?   

0 Likes
Snobeeler

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

I would actually try a quick fix of the STB and if that did not help, then I would probably plug it into a different outlet (HDMI 2 instead of HDMI 1 on the back of your TV).  I imagine at one time this worked fine for you right?   

Ok, I tried the "Quick Fix" with no luck. My TV only has 1 HDMI input. As my first post stated, the problem started imediatly after the 1.9 upgrade. It was fine before.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

your STB only has 1 HDMI but your TV should have multiple.  I meant the TV when I said try a different port. 

0 Likes
Snobeeler

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

your STB only has 1 HDMI but your TV should have multiple.  I meant the TV when I said try a different port. 

My STB AND TV each only have 1 HDMI port.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Ahhhhh,  Most tv's have a couple or more,  you may want to try Component cables then,  You can call Verizon or open a live chat, they may send you some for free, or they may point you towards their website www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories

I'd open a live chat and see if I could get them for free personally, but they are also very cheap at www.amazon.com  

They are HD cables that support upto 1080p 

0 Likes
Snobeeler

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Ahhhhh,  Most tv's have a couple or more,  you may want to try Component cables then,  You can call Verizon or open a live chat, they may send you some for free, or they may point you towards their website www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories

I'd open a live chat and see if I could get them for free personally, but they are also very cheap at www.amazon.com  

They are HD cables that support upto 1080p 

GEEZ, I can't be the only person having this issue. I will try 1 call to them to see what they say. Thanks for your input.

0 Likes