Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

HDMI Problem

SOLVED
Glentrs
Contributor
Contributor

HDMI Problem

Message 1 of 2
(397 Views)

Its 2021 and i replaced my old box thinking the intermittent loss of signal was the box, NOW, having an older SEIKI tv , no HDMI will work. Tv source works so there’s signal,my xbox and firestick works so is not my tv! Two plus hours on phone , facetime, and not one mention of img1.7!? You’d think it by now was IN THESE NEW BOXES! But NOOOOOO , fios equipment is the worse! Going back to xfinity soon!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: HDMI Problem

Message 2 of 2
(366 Views)

@Glentrs wrote:

Its 2021 and i replaced my old box thinking the intermittent loss of signal was the box, NOW, having an older SEIKI tv , no HDMI will work. Tv source works so there’s signal,my xbox and firestick works so is not my tv! Two plus hours on phone , facetime, and not one mention of img1.7!? You’d think it by now was IN THESE NEW BOXES! But NOOOOOO , fios equipment is the worse! Going back to xfinity soon!

Your old TV may not be up to current HDCP 2.2 or 2.0 specs. The Fios One box is looking for that level of copyright protection so you may need to get an adapter to allow for that conversion. This was posted in another thread: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premiertek-HDMI-HDCP-2-2-to-1-4-and-1-4-to-2-2-Converter-2-Way-UHD-DVD-TV-4... Also try a new high-speed certified HDMI cable from the Fios box to your TV. Also set up the Fios box initially with the video resolution set to 1080i.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: HDMI Problem

Message 2 of 2
(367 Views)

@Glentrs wrote:

Your old TV may not be up to current HDCP 2.2 or 2.0 specs. The Fios One box is looking for that level of copyright protection so you may need to get an adapter to allow for that conversion. This was posted in another thread: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premiertek-HDMI-HDCP-2-2-to-1-4-and-1-4-to-2-2-Converter-2-Way-UHD-DVD-TV-4... Also try a new high-speed certified HDMI cable from the Fios box to your TV. Also set up the Fios box initially with the video resolution set to 1080i.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.