HDMI Problem
Glentrs

Its 2021 and i replaced my old box thinking the intermittent loss of signal was the box, NOW, having an older SEIKI tv , no HDMI will work. Tv source works so there’s signal,my xbox and firestick works so is not my tv! Two plus hours on phone , facetime, and not one mention of img1.7!? You’d think it by now was IN THESE NEW BOXES! But NOOOOOO , fios equipment is the worse! Going back to xfinity soon!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HDMI Problem
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Glentrs wrote:

Its 2021 and i replaced my old box thinking the intermittent loss of signal was the box, NOW, having an older SEIKI tv , no HDMI will work. Tv source works so there’s signal,my xbox and firestick works so is not my tv! Two plus hours on phone , facetime, and not one mention of img1.7!? You’d think it by now was IN THESE NEW BOXES! But NOOOOOO , fios equipment is the worse! Going back to xfinity soon!

Your old TV may not be up to current HDCP 2.2 or 2.0 specs. The Fios One box is looking for that level of copyright protection so you may need to get an adapter to allow for that conversion. This was posted in another thread: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premiertek-HDMI-HDCP-2-2-to-1-4-and-1-4-to-2-2-Converter-2-Way-UHD-DVD-TV-4... Also try a new high-speed certified HDMI cable from the Fios box to your TV. Also set up the Fios box initially with the video resolution set to 1080i.

View solution in original post

Re: HDMI Problem
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Glentrs wrote:

Your old TV may not be up to current HDCP 2.2 or 2.0 specs. The Fios One box is looking for that level of copyright protection so you may need to get an adapter to allow for that conversion. This was posted in another thread: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premiertek-HDMI-HDCP-2-2-to-1-4-and-1-4-to-2-2-Converter-2-Way-UHD-DVD-TV-4... Also try a new high-speed certified HDMI cable from the Fios box to your TV. Also set up the Fios box initially with the video resolution set to 1080i.