HDMI Soundbar issue
atabei

Please help me fix this issue I have encountered since I purchased a new Sony Soundbar.  My TV is HD ready but has no HDMI connection so I have connected the TV via Component Cables to the Verizon Aris VMS1000 box.  The new Sony Soundbar accepts Optical, HDMI and analog connections.

I can only hook up the TV via Analog to get the sound but that's not good enough.  Going from the Aris box I have two options HDMI or Optical.  Optical sounds better but it's not HDMI.  When I hook up a HDMI cable from the ARis box to the soundbar the sound is awesome but Picture goes away, i guess because it's hooked up to the TV via component?  I'm not sure why i can't have sound via HDMI and picture via component.  is this possible?

0 Likes
Re: HDMI Soundbar issue
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately from my experiences, the Verizon set top boxes are pretty locked-down. I don't think it would be possible to have sound via HDMI and picture via component.

Out of pure curiousity, whats the issue with using optical? It should have the same sound quality that HDMI could provide.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi atabei:

Hope attached helps your situation

0 Likes
atabei

The HDMI connection sounds much better than the optical.

0 Likes
JD516

I am having issues with my optical connection too.  I have the QIP 7100 2 and I'm using an Insignia sound bar.  I've tested the cable with the TV and everything is fine with the cable and the soundbar is OK so the issue lies with the STB.

I have gone into the menu and enabled L-PCM for the audio and yet I still get a buzzing and popping and all other manner of terrible sounds.  I tried pass through as well and no joy there either.

It seems from perusing many other posts that customer service isn't any help and most of the fixes seem to be "Enable L-PCM and it works fine" except that is not the case for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi JD516:

Note that in attached video the optical connection is from the TV

In my setup I connected optically from the QIP 7100 1.

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/en_us/web/solo_tv_sound_system/page.html#listview=function_...

0 Likes