Re: HDMI Switch audio not working
Smg12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. 

The switch does have buttons for audio copy, CH5.1 AND CH2 audio. Not sure which it should be on.  Any idea if that's matter?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smg1 wrote:

Ok. 

The switch does have buttons for audio copy, CH5.1 AND CH2 audio. Not sure which it should be on.  Any idea if that's matter?

Good Question, my guess would be audio copy, but if it doesn't work try the other two rebooting the switch and box between changes. That assumes the changes to the box stick after booting up.

Smg12
Enthusiast - Level 2

what is very strange is if I power up the FiOS box after a reboot, before even touching the HDMI switch, which will be powered off itself and unplugged, the audio comes through fine for FiOS but there is a green tint on the screen

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smg1 wrote:

what is very strange is if I power up the FiOS box after a reboot, before even touching the HDMI switch, which will be powered off itself and unplugged, the audio comes through fine for FiOS but there is a green tint on the screen

Green tint sounds like a colorspace issue, or possibly a flakey cable or switch. How is the switch extracting audio from the HDMI stream from the Fios box when the switch isn't on? Or passing video for that matter? Something isn't right here. It is beginning to sound more like a bad switch than anything else. I do remember with my old 1100 box I had to program my remote to turn on the Fios box first, then the TV. Are there any passthrough settings for the switch? Is there an auto switch function that senses when a device is powered up?

Smg12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am ordering a new switch. Will see if that's the issue.