Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

HDMI Switch audio not working

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: HDMI Switch audio not working

Message 11 of 15
(102 Views)

Ok. 

The switch does have buttons for audio copy, CH5.1 AND CH2 audio. Not sure which it should be on.  Any idea if that's matter?

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 12 of 15
(98 Views)

@Smg1 wrote:

Ok. 

The switch does have buttons for audio copy, CH5.1 AND CH2 audio. Not sure which it should be on.  Any idea if that's matter?

Good Question, my guess would be audio copy, but if it doesn't work try the other two rebooting the switch and box between changes. That assumes the changes to the box stick after booting up.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 15
(82 Views)

what is very strange is if I power up the FiOS box after a reboot, before even touching the HDMI switch, which will be powered off itself and unplugged, the audio comes through fine for FiOS but there is a green tint on the screen

Highlighted
MVP MVP
MVP

Message 14 of 15
(73 Views)

@Smg1 wrote:

what is very strange is if I power up the FiOS box after a reboot, before even touching the HDMI switch, which will be powered off itself and unplugged, the audio comes through fine for FiOS but there is a green tint on the screen

Green tint sounds like a colorspace issue, or possibly a flakey cable or switch. How is the switch extracting audio from the HDMI stream from the Fios box when the switch isn't on? Or passing video for that matter? Something isn't right here. It is beginning to sound more like a bad switch than anything else. I do remember with my old 1100 box I had to program my remote to turn on the Fios box first, then the TV. Are there any passthrough settings for the switch? Is there an auto switch function that senses when a device is powered up?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 15 of 15
(60 Views)

I am ordering a new switch. Will see if that's the issue.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.