HDMI stopped working
tbear263
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to fire up the TV yesterday and get nothing. The channels will change but no picture or sound. I did the normal rebbot of the system,ran in home agent on the computer, ran the reset from the web and nothing. I only have one HD tv so I could not hook the box up with the HDMI cable anywhere else. I did hook the box up on another TV with the RCA cable and worked fine. I put the box back on the HD tv and it works fine with the S-vid cable and RCA but no HDMI. SO the question is did my cable go bad all of a sudden or did my port on the box go bad ??. I guess I could take the cable to Best Buy and have them check it out.

After hooking it back up I had to get a reset from Verizon to get DVR access back and reset my subscriptions. Verizon is sending me the Componet cables. Will I be missing anything by using those cables compared to the HDMI cable ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HDMI stopped working
tbear263
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been running the SVHS cable for vid since Tuesday, received the Componet cables today from Verizon and plugged them up. The picture colors look like crap. For grins and giggles I plugged the HDMI cable back in a Poof it worked fine - great picture and sound.  So go figure over two years and no problem until Monday when my new contract went into effect ( Better Package )

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey you will not be missing anything the only difference is you will need to hook up RCA cables for sound and you will be to gets all your HD channels with  the same clear picture.

0 Likes
gwv

HDMI.

I called on same issue and the refused to give me a nother BOX.

They told me they have KNOWEN issues with this.

Yet my Daughters is hooked with HDMI in the same house, So yes some boxes have issues.

I have a number of friends that were ready to get Verizon, and I told them NOT to.

Go to Dish, Very poor customer service Verizon.

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

The HDMI issue is with certain TVs but if you took the STB with the HDMI issue and connect to your daughter's TV that will tell us if its the TV or the STB please try it and let usknow.  If it works then its TV and if it doesn't then its the STB. 

0 Likes
tbear263
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been running the SVHS cable for vid since Tuesday, received the Componet cables today from Verizon and plugged them up. The picture colors look like crap. For grins and giggles I plugged the HDMI cable back in a Poof it worked fine - great picture and sound.  So go figure over two years and no problem until Monday when my new contract went into effect ( Better Package )

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey with the component cables the colors has to be matching correctly because if the picture looks crappy it usually means the cable was not connected properly but if the picture on the TV came back when you connect the HDMI cable then that's great.

0 Likes
tbear263
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I checked that twice - colors did match. I even switched the blue and green and got no picture - bo big deal I'm all set

0 Likes
fiber1447

Ron,

Why haven't you guys fixed this issue.  My 3+year old DVR HD box that had been using the HDMI connection the entire time stopped working last week and now the replacement DVR box (which was a refurb) has issues with the HDMI  connection.  This is unacceptable and your help desk had me run through a number of diagnostic checks then told me to use the RGA cables.   Their solution is unacceptable - I am not going to use RGA cables when I have been using HDMI. 

Who can send me a new dvr box? 

0 Likes