Re: HDR on Fios Mini One Always Dolby Vision
CrimsonOmega

If I set the fios mini one to 1080p, HDR automatically turns off. I also noticed that when I set the fios mini one to 2160p the box momentarily goes into HDR 10 then forces Dolby Vision. In Dolby Vision Cinema  Color Gamut and Gamma are greyed out. I don’t think there’s any picture settings that will fix the forced Dolby Vision unless I go into the color tuner, but I wouldn’t want to mess with that. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CrimsonOmega wrote:

If I set the fios mini one to 1080p, HDR automatically turns off. I also noticed that when I set the fios mini one to 2160p the box momentarily goes into HDR 10 then forces Dolby Vision. In Dolby Vision Cinema  Color Gamut and Gamma are greyed out. I don’t think there’s any picture settings that will fix the forced Dolby Vision unless I go into the color tuner, but I wouldn’t want to mess with that. 

Sounds like the mini is sensing the capabilities of your TV and switching on Dolby Vision by default. Did you look at the Service menu in the mini and see if enabling 2160 30fps makes any difference? I think it keeps the default at 60fps. There may be a setting for HDR in there too, just don't remember.

CrimsonOmega

I didn’t see a setting for HDR, but I tried to set the video output to 2160 24fps and 2160 30 fps, but it turns off HDR completely in these Video formats. HDR only turns on at the Default 2160 60 fps but with Dolby Vision. I’m not sure why the STB can’t detect the proper HDR format. If only ever HDR broadcast was in Dolby Vision...

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CrimsonOmega wrote:

I didn’t see a setting for HDR, but I tried to set the video output to 2160 24fps and 2160 30 fps, but it turns off HDR completely in these Video formats. HDR only turns on at the Default 2160 60 fps but with Dolby Vision. I’m not sure why the STB can’t detect the proper HDR format. If only ever HDR broadcast was in Dolby Vision...

True that about Dolby Vision broadcast. But then look at the bandwidth it would take! Ill look into the Dolby Vision default again and see what I can find. When you changed the frame rate, you did it in the service menu right? Were you looking at HDR programming like Netflix or Youtube? Did you try turning off HDR in the Fios menu?

Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > HDR Setting

CrimsonOmega

I changed the Video Formats via the service menu since that’s the only way to change to 2160p 24fps and 2160p 30fps. I ran HDR YouTube Videos to test if HDR worked on both Video Outputs, my TV was still in SDR picture settings. In those formats I tried to turn HDR on and off, but HDR would never activate.

0 Likes
GiveUs4kHDR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still an issue. What garbage!

0 Likes