HELP! I have somebody else's onscreen digital voice account and can access all their information!
es3288
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to Quantum TV a few days ago and today I went into the onscreen FIOS Digital Voice section.  The phone number, call logs and voice mail are not mine.  I CAN LISTEN TO SOMEBODY ELSE'S VOICE MAILS ON MY TV!!!  This is a major privacy issue!  I can also control their calling features from my TV.  This is a MAJOR ISSUE that need to be addressed asap.  HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
HELP! I have somebody else's onscreen digital voice account and can access all their information!
es3288
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was the phone with support for almost 4 hours today.  I've rebooted all my boxes 4 times, have done a factory reset on my router and tried every other "solution" they proposed to no avail.  A ticket was created but I don't have much hope given my past experiences with Verizon trouble tickets.  In the meanwhile, I can listen to another Verizon customer's voice mails, can set up their call forwarding, can amend their incoming call block and activate their Do Not Disturb.  I would be HORRIFIED if another customer had this access to my personal information.  I hope that a moderator reads this and understands the urgency.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HELP! I upgraded to Quantum TV and my on screen digital voice information is somebody else's
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact support.

Either call, chat or twitter @verizonsupport

es3288
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was the phone with support for almost 4 hours today.  I've rebooted all my boxes 4 times, have done a factory reset on my router and tried every other "solution" they proposed to no avail.  A ticket was created but I don't have much hope given my past experiences with Verizon trouble tickets.  In the meanwhile, I can listen to another Verizon customer's voice mails, can set up their call forwarding, can amend their incoming call block and activate their Do Not Disturb.  I would be HORRIFIED if another customer had this access to my personal information.  I hope that a moderator reads this and understands the urgency.

0 Likes
Re: HELP! I have somebody else's onscreen digital voice account and can access all their informatio
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi es3288,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes