HELP -- Mute automatically comes up when clicking 'Next' on Quantum and can't be un-MUTED

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

HELP -- Mute automatically comes up when clicking 'Next' on Quantum and can't be un-MUTED

Message 1 of 5
(93,716 Views)

When I'm clicking the next button fast(through commercials) sometimes it 'Mutes' the sound. This is a 'cable' mute not a set top mute. An indicator comes up in the upper right hand corner.

However there's no way to Unmute it. Clicking the MUTE button doesn't work. Nor does hitting the volume buttons.

I've had to reboot FIOS whenever this happens(unplug the box).

Help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: HELP -- Mute automatically comes up when clicking 'Next' on Quantum and can't be un-MUTED

Message 2 of 5
(93,712 Views)

menu> settings> audio video> audio, make sure audio volume is all the way up and volume control is set to fixed.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: HELP -- Mute automatically comes up when clicking 'Next' on Quantum and can't be un-MUTED

Message 3 of 5
(93,674 Views)

Also check what audio options are set.  E.g. if Dolby Digital is set and your TV doesn't support it, you will get no sound from some channels.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(67,566 Views)

Just had the same thing happen to me... The mute notification came on my screen via the FiOS box, not the TV, while skipping ahead 30 seconds. I managed to fix it by connecting to my box via the Fios app.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 5 of 5
(67,536 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.