Switch Account

HELP - Remote DVR support group service failure!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

HELP - Remote DVR support group service failure!

Message 1 of 2
(413 Views)

Complete and absolute frustration !

Since a router change in June, I have had no access to remote DVR via the web, or other outside access functions such as from the Android app etc.  The website claimed that I was not using a Verizon router.  I do have an odd set up with two Verizon routers; One handles the main connection for business class internet service into which a second router plugs into a port on the primary and manages the video services.

Note: The only reason I have business class service is that I want static IP address and an open port 80.  This is a Verizon policy, not technical issue, which forces this set up.

I decided to invest the time this week to try to get the remote DVR functions resolved.  I called Wednesday evening and spent 3 hours on the phone with a tech checking things, opened a remote session to play with router settings, etc...  Good efforts but no success.  An escalation ticket was opened with the "Remote DVR Group".

Received a message Thursday from DVR group stating they needed me at home to continue the diagnostic.

Called at 10:00 AM Friday to work with them.  Can not reach anyone in that group.  They apparently do not have phones!  They only work tickets.  Told the rep to note the ticket that I would be available at 2:00 PM for them to call me.

No call at 2:00.  Called support back again.  Nothing they can do.  Escalated to supervisors, etc.  No help.  Went through webchat support.  Still no help.  All I ever get was "I am sure they will call shortly".  Nope!

Saturday.. They called my cell while I was out.  Tech seemed annoyed I wasn't standing by my TV at home 24/7 just waiting for his call.  I arranged for a call at 2:00 PM.  They actually called at 2:23 (good).  All he had me do was to reboot the box a couple of times a run the self-diagnostics again.  Said the reboot would trigger a couple of hour delay while the box was fully reregistered on their system.  Arranged for a call back at 5:00. (I asked for an inbound number to call, but was refused)

No call at 5:00 or anytime since.  Called support number again.  Same "no help" results as expected.  But I should definitely expect a call by 9:00 PM.  No call came in of course.  I asked the rep what happens when the level of service commitment expired at 9:53 PM.  Surprisingly, she said that often they just close the ticket !!!

It is now Sunday, no call, LOS has expired.  The ticket still appears to be open when I check online. (Ticket # {edited for privacy}in case Verizon is reading this)

I have no hope or path for resolution at this point......  Any suggestions???

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: HELP - Remote DVR support group service failure!

Message 2 of 2
(398 Views)

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.