HORRIBLE experience after upgrade rolled out
telebears
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else experience major pains after this upgrade? The DVR have been horrible since the upgrade last week:

-Every day I come home and my DVR loses it's DVR functionality. Any DVR functions (view any of my recorded shoes, pausing/rewinding live TV, even just pressing the DVR button) will give me an error saying I have to call customer service. Since this happens every day, I have learned I just have to unplug the box for 3 minutes. EVERY FREAKIN' DAY!

-The performance is horrendous. It's like the box is out of memory and just chugs along. If it were a comptuer, I"d reboot it but there's nothing I can do. Watching recorded shows or live tv is unbearable. 

If this keeps up, I'm seriously considering canecling my service for someone else. My tv is not un-watchable. 

I wonder if it is just me or if this is a system wide problem with the upgrade. 

0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE experience after upgrade rolled out
PJL
Master - Level 3

Your problems are not wide spread.  Have you contacted Verizon so they can try to fix your problems? 

0 Likes
telebears
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been on call with Verizon tech-support and rebooted each time to their directions (physically unplugg both power cord and coax cable for 3 minutes), plug back in and wait for everything to boot up again. Then it works... for a few hours.

That doesn't really help the problem that I have to reboot it every 24 hours so I can use my DVR functionality. 

I'd love it for this to be a fixable problem. 

For what it's worth, my neighbor down the street hates this upgrade also. 

0 Likes
Jerry_Harrison

I agree it is a wide spread problem since the upgrade. Remote signal with all set-tops is sluggish. Channel change is much slower. The service went from average to very poor overnight.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Jerry_Harrison wrote:

I agree it is a wide spread problem since the upgrade. Remote signal with all set-tops is sluggish. Channel change is much slower. The service went from average to very poor overnight.

And I disagree, my performance (on the same DVR) is pretty much identical compared to when I had 1.8. What model STBs do you have? If they are the older 6xxx models, I encourage you to get newer ones, they will perform much better, plus they will display the HD Guide.

And one more comment: if your performance was "average" before, then you have had a problem all along, and you need to focus on identifying pre-existing problem(s). What have you done to try to fix your "average" service previously?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
telebears
Enthusiast - Level 3

To both Justin and the other guy who doesn't think the problems are widespread, That's total crap.

Given the new mesages popping up on this thread, all with the same problems, I believe the problem is VERY wide spread.

In addition, I've asked asked locally people with Verizon service (not on these forums) and they have similar problems (3 for 3).

I'm pretty sure Justin is {please keep your posts courteous} and if he's not a employee posing as a user, I'd be shocked. Pretty lame move by Verizon. 

0 Likes
telebears
Enthusiast - Level 3

By the way, to be fair to the problem, I called tech support and they are sending me an entirely new box. They say the old box just can't handle it.

Doesn't help the fact I've been without a DVR for a week now and I lost all my previously recorded shows. This is hands-down the worst experience I've ever had. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@telebears wrote:

To both Justin and the other guy who doesn't think the problems are widespread, That's total crap.

Given the new mesages popping up on this thread, all with the same problems, I believe the problem is VERY wide spread.

In addition, I've asked asked locally people with Verizon service (not on these forums) and they have similar problems (3 for 3).

I'm pretty sure Justin is{please keep your posts courteous}and if he's not a employee posing as a user, I'd be shocked. Pretty lame move by Verizon. 

I find your "{please keep your posts courteous}" references to be very discourteous.   And Justin is not an employee.  See http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Community-Beat/My-Surprise-Meeting-With-Verizon/ba-p/339893.

telebears
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find the fact that my DVR doesn't work to be discourteous. I also find the fact that Verizon apparently doesn't care to be discourteous as well. 

And I don't need someone who is not a Verizon employee telling me they are not widespread, I don't believe that you are qualified to say so. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@telebears wrote:

I find the fact that my DVR doesn't work to be discourteous. I also find the fact that Verizon apparently doesn't care to be discourteous as well. 

And I don't need someone who is not a Verizon employee telling me they are not widespread, I don't believe that you are qualified to say so. 

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:

http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes