Re: On Demand Has been Hacked for Months
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi drsunshine,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
drsunshine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mr Lawrence -  I will proceed with your instructions above.  However, can you first tell me what happenned to my original post?  It appears that it has been removed as it no longer appears on the community discussion board.  It concerns me that my informaton was deleted from the public record.  Please advise. Thank you.   

0 Likes
drsunshine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mr Lawrence - MY SINCERE APOLOGIES!!  This appears to have been a dsplay problem with my laptop ... when I logged in a few minutes ago I was able to view my original post ... thank you for your help!!  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi drsunshine,

Glad you were able to find your post.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
drsunshine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I found it ... you've been very helpful ... thank you so much!  But like everything else in this whole process, the private message system doesn't seem to be working efficiently either.  I found the Support Rep's private message to me, attempted to click on the "chat link" he provided ... i tried multiple times ... it doesn't work.  No surprise.  I've now sent two messages to the Support rep asking for assistance ...  can't get the rep to respond to me. No surprise.  I'm no closer to where I started ...  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I see that the agents have responded to your posts in your support case.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have your closed your private support case. If you ever need help, feel free to make a new post.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
drsunshine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My case was closed, but not to my satisfaction.  My simple request for clarification of a Fax # given to me by one of Verizon's own customer service representives was denied. Until I get the correct Fax #, I cannot get the requested documentation to the correct area.  I am pursuing this with both Verizon's Corporate Office in New York, as well as with the BBB.   

0 Likes
logan81
Contributor - Level 3

There are two ways programs may be rented. Either through a set top box or online by using your username and password at the verizon website. I am not a Verizon rep in this case but I would just recommend changing your online password. The next thing I would recommend is calling tech support and asking them to give you the serial numbers for all the boxes in your house. Once you have the serial numbers for the boxes go around and match them up to the boxes you have in the house. If you find that there is a serial number registered to your account that is not physically IN YOUR HOUSE then that could be an issue. Such a situation is very rare, but I have seen it before. Also in many cases a technical support agent can see which set top box did the renting of a VOD program. If that is the case then you can identify which box in your house is the problem child. If all else fails you can replace the problem box. Just ideas, not saying it has anything to do with your situation.

0 Likes
drsunshine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, thank you, but we've done all of that.   I've spent countless hours over a six month period trying to resolve the issue and to get Verizon to admit they have a security issue with their VOD service ... have had many Rep's and several Supv's come just shy of calling me a liar,  stating a set top box could never, ever be hacked, which is obviously not true ... all to no avail until just a week ago.  I was finally referred to an IT Tech who took the time to listen and researched the issue, we know all the serial #'s and yes, they all belong to us, we've identified the serials #'s where the movies were being accessed/hacked ( obviously the IT Tech woudn't,couldn't use that word ), and two set top boxes were subsequently replaced last week.  

It was in the midst of this last exchange when I first posted a message to this Community Forum.  In less than 24 hours I received a call from Verizon stating they were processing refunds for all of the items going back to the first one in April, as well as removing four months of late fees.  Coincidental??  or truly the result of the last IT Tech's research?   Your guess is as good as mine ...  

My last forum comment above regarding the issue not being solved to my satisfaction was due to something that occurred AFTER the Veriizon Forum Team moved my issue to a Private message.  I had requested their assistance with locating and confirming a Fax # that had been given to me by the Verizon representative who had called me to process the refunds. During our conversation I mentioned having sent in multiple letters back in June & July outllining the history of my attempts to dispute the charges ... the rep stated Verizon did not have the letters ( wrong again ... a Supv had called me  back in July to advise me she had rec'd one of my letters in error and was Fax'g it to the correct dept for review ) ... so the rep asked me to Fax copies of both letters to her Attn so that my file was completely documented in case the VOD issues happened again.  She gave me the Fax # along with her unique Verizon employee ZID # and the full name of her direct supervisor.  I attempted to Fax the info 5 or 6 times over two days, it didn't work, Fax message came back each time stated NO ANSWER.  I spent another hour on hold and being transferred three times, and was told by all three reps that there was no way to locate that particular rep and/or which dept she worked in, so there was no way to get the correct Fax #.  

That's when I went back to the Verizon Forum Team, in a private message, to request their assistance in obtaining or clarifying the correct Fax # so I could provide the information that the VERIZON REP REQUESTED.  There were many private messages back and forth ... there appeared to be no serious attempt to locate the Fax # ... they actually mentioned that the fact the refunds had already been issued may/might hinder their ability to provide me with the Fax #.  ????  Yes, really.  Obviously, if you have the Confirmation/Order # for the phone call, the employee's ID #, and their Supv's full name, it would not be difficult to locate a corresponding Fax #.  IF you cared enough about your customer to do so.  The Forum Agents were very professional, so it was very apparent to me that their superiors wouldn't give them the time and/or the resources to research it. 

So, bottom line, my response here is in no way meant to be disrepectful or unappreciative of your suggestions. I truly appreciate them.  They could have been something we hadn't tried yet, etc... and you had no way of knowing what had transpired in the private messages to have prompted my "not to my satisfaction"  statement.  

So, I will be pursuing this. Their Corporate Office needs to know how their customers are being treated at the local level.  It won't change anything, of course, but I'll know I've pursued every option available to me.   Hopefully your suggestions will be helpful to other folks using this Forum so they won't have the experience that I've had.   Thanks ... 

0 Likes