Re: Hacked Video Rental Account
bali1

I am sick about how I am being treated.  I got a $73 charge for a boxing match, which we NEVER ordered.  It is very freaky, because I was on chat and phone with Verizon over an hour and a half and they INSIST someone in my home ordered it.  Well, my husband and I did NOT order it, and neither did my 4 year-old son.  They INSIST I have to pay because we ordered it.  I am going in circles with these people!  Now I am thinking someone hacked my account.  I told them I am not paying it and they say I have to!  I can't believe I have to pay something I NEVER asked for!!  What can I do?  Who can help me?  BBB?  HELP!!  These Verizon people are CRAZY!  Now I have to figure out how to get back to Time Warner Cable.  I am afraid this is going to keep happening.....I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone....

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
TampaTechie
I got this exact same charge on my bill. $73 for a boxing match and no one in my house watches boxing. I know for a fact we were out of the house that night, but Verizon insists that someone activated it using our remote and that there is "no way it can be hacked." Yeah, right. If Verizon can access the box from their computers, surely it's possible that someone else can too. They wouldn't take the charge off, but I got pay-per-view disabled so hopefully this can't happen again.
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TampaTechie,

Sorry you are having difficulty with this charge. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
yards

I was wondering how this was resolved. 

i had fios installed at my 91yr old mothers house and she has been charged TWICE already for sporting events that were NOT ordered.

I tried to argue the first charge with customer support and grudgingly conceded (73$ !)

However it has happened again and i will NOT pay for services NOT ordered . THEIR technicians MUST set up THEIR equipment so that this kind of error is not possible on either side !

I have not called customer support about this second charge yet(as they had a prepared argument the last time) and am wondering what i can do about this.

-frustrated fios customer

0 Likes
Xuaco

I have been hacked since late March and have multiple charges from a TV we rarely use and havent used in at least 4 months.  Verizon acts as if I am lying that these are not our charges.  8 charges in one day, several at the same time and multiple rentals of same David Spade movie.  REALLY?  All others were concert footage of bands we dont listen to.  They told me they show as watched to completion so there is nothing they can do.  Gave me the box # that was culprit and found it was one of the $3.99 digital boxes connected to TV we rarely used so I promptly disconnected it completely.  I didnt even know you could get PPV unless it was a DVR.  I am asking Verizon to disable the feature on my account and they wont do it.   I will be paying my bill minus the charges uintil they fix it with a credit or will be dropping TV service and just get an HD antenna if it happens again.  For me it is not about the charges but the principle around their unwillingness to look at the charges, compare to my history on the account and accept that they are inconsistent and at the least, most likely a bogus charge.  Thieves without guns !!  

Frustrated customer

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Xuaco,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Xuaco

Thank you but after going through 5 different customer service reps I finally got a competent and responsive person by the name of Christopher {edited for privacy}.  I also sent a concerned message to your fraud department.  When I told Chistopher that the # on the box showing PPV charges was a standard digital converter box, he said we can't get PPV on those.  This after several of your other reps stated unequivocally that I could.    Christopher looked up the box # and confirmed the box type was one which can't even get PPV on.  He was receptive, listened to the issue and responsive as one would expect and promptly corrected my account by removing the charges.

This should have been done by one of the previous customer DISSERVICE reps I spoke to. I have also disconnected all PPV feature from my accound going forward because you are such a pain the rear to deal with as a company.  Kind of sets the tone for why I am upset even further now since you have wasted a significant amount of my personal time trying to resolve this.  My bill rate is several hundred dollars/hr, maybe I should send Verizon a bill for my time wasted.

0 Likes
ranjay5161
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem has now happened twice to me also. Both times were movie purchases using my reward points. The first time I had forgotten to reset a purchase pin I had removed, so we blamed my 4yearold grandson for hitting the right buttons to purchase. Cust service did replace my points and I immediately put a pin back on the purchases. Now it happened again, and was right after dinner when my daughter was with my grandson, and no one in the house knows the pin. Cust service this time said it was inpossible for this to happen, but offered to replace the points. I will be changing my PIN's again, but still believe there is some weird glitch going on where someone else's orders are hitting my account.

0 Likes
Re: On Demand Has been Hacked for Months
Hacked1

The same thing happened to me. The first time it was a payperview $54.99 for a WWWfight!  thankfully I didn’t set up the autopay because I’m always concer with the possibility of charges not related to my account and it happened.  Verizon said the same thing this has never happened and it’s impossible. I asked them to disable payperview. My main thing was that if I made the purchase usually I would get a email notification but I never got anything. The next month I was alone at my place watching a movie at 2 am when I got a notification via email that a movie was purchased for $14.99. Thankfully I was able to contact someone using the “live chat” via text and no matter how many time i told him that I was alone at home and I didn’t make the purchase he kept saying that’s imposible. He agreed to remove the charge and told me to do the parental control too. He said it was impossible for anybody to hacked a smart TV and remote controls to order movies but as I explained to him  I’m alone there is nobody here and also I already watched that movie why would I rent that.  I’m not sure what’s going on but I can see this is a problem as I read other chats from different customers with similar problems. Also my first change has not been resolved after 2 months 

0 Likes