Has anyone gotten an M-card in New England?
pw_18
Any confirmation that M-cards are available in this area? Thx.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone gotten an M-card in New England?
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

@pw_18 wrote:
YES, i can confirm there are M cards in New England, at least in MA on the North Shore. I had one installed 2 weeks ago in my TiVoHD. 2-9-09

View solution in original post

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

no, not yet

I was told 6 months.

I complained to some guy in their Andover office and he put a 11 month credit for a cable card on my bill, since I need 2 s-cards right now for my tivo, instead of the one m-card; and a free truck roll when m-cards do indeed show up in Boston

So far, they have honored his word

0 Likes
Penguinboy

Philhu-

I just signed up today- install is next week.  I asked about M-cards and was told not available, 2 C-cards needed.  Hey- I was happy the sales rep (in Andover) knew what I was talking about.

So should I wait until the install and then call and complain and ask for the discount?  Not my fault the technology is here but they don't have it, right?

-Danny 

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

@pw_18 wrote:
YES, i can confirm there are M cards in New England, at least in MA on the North Shore. I had one installed 2 weeks ago in my TiVoHD. 2-9-09
0 Likes
pw_18

Anyone used the service center in Jordan's in Reading for an equipment exchange? Could I trade in my box for a different type of box there?

Or could I get an M-card there? (I assume no because there would need to be a site visit to install it...)

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2
Yes, finally got my M-Cards in Natick 2 Tivos, 2 cards, priceless. No problems here. You cannot pick up cards at the local offices. You need to order them, they send a tech and have a truck roll. I was NOT charged for either truck roll, and the guy just handed me the cards at the door, and took the 4 old S-Cards. I put them in, no problems at all.
0 Likes