Re: Have A Few HD Receiver Questions... <- I'm a NEW FiOS HDTV User
clambert2
Enthusiast - Level 3

They need to get me 1.9 soon because the current Guide kinda blows.  I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

I received my replacement receiver but it's a used 7216.  I was hoping for something sleek & black (7232) to match the rest of my equipment but I guess I'm stuck with this thing.  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers when I'm not actually buying the box.  I plan on hooking it up later tonight or tomorrow when I have a little more free time.

Does FF seems worse on FiOS, or is it just me?  With DIRECTV it would go back to the beginning of the show (after the commercial) when you hit stop.  It's like there was some kind of marker it would go back to if you FF a little past it so you didn't miss anything.  On FiOS it seems to just stop when you press stop.  Any I right about that?  I haven't had a lot of stuff on the DVR to test it with.

Thanks for the info and help.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

As of right now, for existing customers, if you want the new 7232 box, you can order one through your online account but you have to pay a $40 exhange fee for switching one of your boxes for the new one.  This has been a bone of contention with some customers as you can see if you look at some of the postings on this subject.  You put yourself on a waiting list and Verizon will email you when they have a 7232 box for you.  You then have 30 days to order it and they send it to you and you use the same box to return your old box.

doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

@clambert wrote:

Does FF seems worse on FiOS, or is it just me?  With DIRECTV it would go back to the beginning of the show (after the commercial) when you hit stop.  It's like there was some kind of marker it would go back to if you FF a little past it so you didn't miss anything.  On FiOS it seems to just stop when you press stop.  Any I right about that?  I haven't had a lot of stuff on the DVR to test it with.

Thanks for the info and help.

You can set up your skip buttons for the amount of time you like.  I had Dish so I set the forward skip to 30 seconds and the back skip to 10 seconds.  Then when I am using Fast Forward I use the back skip back button to come out of it, which will jump you back like you are used to.  I discovered this because we went from DTV to Dish and I know what you are talking about.

I do miss not being able to manipulate the Scheduled Recordings like has been mentioned.  With Dish I could view was was scheduled, ones that failed and why, and all future recordings, whether scheduled or not, and why, and I could restore or skip at my choosing.

0 Likes
clambert2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@MiMeQu wrote:

As of right now, for existing customers, if you want the new 7232 box, you can order one through your online account but you have to pay a $40 exhange fee for switching one of your boxes for the new one.  This has been a bone of contention with some customers as you can see if you look at some of the postings on this subject.  You put yourself on a waiting list and Verizon will email you when they have a 7232 box for you.  You then have 30 days to order it and they send it to you and you use the same box to return your old box.

Honestly, that's fair if you ask me.  $40 isn't unreasonable.  Being new it's probably the perfect time for me.  Not much can build up on the DVR.  Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
clambert2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@doropallo wrote:
You can set up your skip buttons for the amount of time you like.  I had Dish so I set the forward skip to 30 seconds and the back skip to 10 seconds.  Then when I am using Fast Forward I use the back skip back button to come out of it, which will jump you back like you are used to.  I discovered this because we went from DTV to Dish and I know what you are talking about.

Yeah, I know.  It doesn't seem to be a perfect fit for me no matter what I set it for.  I'll have to get used to it or hope they make a change.  🙂  Thanks though.

0 Likes