Have External Hard Drive issues.
NotMyWay
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Hard Drive has been working fine till last week now everything is recording onto my DVR.   Both Settop Box and Hard Drive have been reset yet it is still recording onto the DVR. 

0 Likes
Re: Have External Hard Drive issues.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The only time the DVR would record to the internal hard drive is if it cant write to the external or it is full. Resetting the box may not be simply enough to rectify it. Do an autofix by pressing  menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

0 Likes
Re: Have External Hard Drive issues.
telephonepole

The problem is the new 1.9.1 image that has been pushed within the last week no longer allows your external SATA drive to work.  I don't know if this is with only certain brands of ESATA drives. Mine is a WD Mybook with worked perfectly until the new software was pushed to my STB.   Now the STB will not reconize the drive.  I called Verizon and they are sending me a replacemeent STB (same model that I have).  I told the tech it would not help but he said it was is only option.

1.9.1 image FIOS STB breaks ESATA external drive connection to STB.

VERIZON PLEASE FIX YOUR SOFTWARE ASAP!!!!!!!  

0 Likes