Switch Account

Have Fios TV-- NOT HDTV

Have Fios TV-- NOT HDTV

Contributor MTNMOMA
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(5,093 Views)
I have the Fios TV normal service (not the HD service). If I buy a HDTV and connect it to the settop box, can I still use an HDTV with the NON FIOS HDTV service?  Will the set top box work okay with the Sony 26KL5000 if I don't subscribe to HD?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(5,078 Views)

As long as the TV supports 480i resolution (which AFAIK all sets do) it will work.  You will get a 4:3 picture with "pillars" (side bars) and can use the TV's stretch mode(s) if you want to fill the screen.  I would advise using the S-Video output from the SD STB as it will provide the best quality signal for SD.

Also, if it has a QAM tuner you should be able to get the local SD, local HD, music, and PEG channels.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.